LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
This position is responsible for the leadership, management, and supervision of capital project execution teams in North America. In addition, this position provides capital project execution expertise when requested by the Project Development organization during project development (phase 2 and 3).
Incumbent will provide leadership, development, and coaching to direct reports and their staff to achieve business results and create value.
Scope for this position includes all GP projects executed in North America with total installed cost (TIC) of less than $250 million. Approximate annual spending is $400 - $600 million.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensure safe execution of projects employing GoalZERO HSE performance standards and practices throughout project execution phase.
- Ensure project cost performance that delivers returns on investments consistent with funding documents.
- Responsible and accountable for timely delivery of all projects ensuring mechanical completion within established AFE schedule
- Ensure projects deliver facilities that meet or exceed agreed business and manufacturing objectives with regard to successful start-ups, results from post project audits and return on average capital employed.
- Responsible and accountable to ensure efficient utilization of capital project resources throughout execution to ensure maximum value relative to spend. This will include efficient fit-for-purpose scopes/designs as well as optimum utilization of internal staffing resources, contracting strategy and management, minimum deliverables, value added activities, materials sourcing and continuous improvement activities.
- Establish and maintain timely and accurate controls and reporting of information necessary to allow management of individual projects and the overall capital program and must keep Senior Management apprised of project status.
- Responsible to advance an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, key employee retention and development, and high performance.
- Provide leadership to drive LyondellBasell's Vision, Mission, Values, and Leadership Principles within NA Project Execution organization.
- A bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field;
- A minimum of twenty-five (25) years of specific functional experience in the areas of project development and execution, construction management, projects controls and/or quality assurance support;
- PMP or similar certification preferred;
- Demonstrated expertise with project planning, controls and execution to deliver projects safely, on scope, on time, on budget, fully within LyondellBasell values.
- Extensive practical experience desired with IPA (FEL, fully integrated team) and/or Cii (PDRI) project development methodology implemented in a stage gated system;
- Demonstrated success in the development, implementation, and management of multiple projects >$150M TIC;
- Effective leadership and multi-group coordination on major projects with excellent conflict resolution skills;
- Construction / Maintenance / Turnaround methods, best practices and a general technical understanding of the specifications, codes and standards and quality control inspections applicable to project work;
- Exceptional analytical skills to effectively evaluate system performance, trouble shooting and mastery of continuous process improvement tools;
- A sound understanding of large company Project Management, Engineering, and Operational Excellence Standards, and a demonstrated ability to utilize standards effectively in execution of capital projects;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex concepts/issues with all levels of the organization;
- Mentoring skills to effectively transfer technical expertise to less experienced staff including development of a successor;
- Strong knowledge and experiences with engineering and construction contracting, and procurement work practices including multiple contracting models (EPCM, EPC lump sum, lump sum turnkey, reimbursable, cost plus, fixed fee, etc..)
Builds effective teams:
Instills trust and exemplifies integrity:
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston