Associate Front-End Developer
12 Mo Contract w/extension or conversion
Brooksource is searching for an Associate Front-End Software Engineer for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Charlotte, NC for a 12-month contract with potential for extension or hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent Computer Science college graduate with a strong front-end development background to get their foot in the door at an enterprise company.
This individual will be a part of the Digital Transformation team where you will be part of a fast-paced, energetic, and high performing team helping to develop web applications and services to enhance Customer, Business, and internal employee experience. The Digital Transformation teams are focusing on innovative projects like smart grid technology, smart home devices, workflow automation, modernization of a power meters and other high-profile projects.
What are we looking for? Motivated and energetic developers who are passionate about building amazing software.
- Primarily responsible for building defined solutions, investigating and fixing bugs, and writing tests.
- Design and build software solutions using agile/XP/TDD.
- Program well-designed, efficient code with broad supervision.
- Collaborate with designers, developers, and product owners to build solutions.
- Clearly communicate progress and identify blocking issues.
- Participate in paired programming and code reviews with seniors to expand knowledge and understanding of software engineering.
- Complete independent research to refine best practices and present work to peers.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Experience building software solutions both independently and as part of a team (could be through independent projects, internships, advanced education).
- 1-3 years' previous experience in front-end software development.
- (Ideally has a portfolio of work - code samples, etc.)
- Able to navigate and operate integrated developments (IDEs) efficiently.
- Have understanding, though possibly limited exposure, to responsive design and UX/UI
- Is familiar with several frameworks for front-end development - have previous experience working with multiple frameworks and know the common, well-known ones in their language stack.
- Is familiar with cloud-native software engineering best practices. Can explain the benefits of container-based solutions, the use of microservices and principles of DevOps.
- Self-sufficient in at least one programming language. Able to pick up a new language and implement a semi-stable, non-complex solution independently.
- Understanding of, and some exposure to working with, databases. Should understand Database basic design and techniques.
- A basic understanding of cyber security principles such as authentication, authorization and encryption. Ability to leverage common security libraries applicable to their language stack.
• Report: IT Manager within Digital Transformation
• Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
• Location: Charlotte, NC
• Hours: M-F 8:00AM-5:00PM
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.