From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is responsible for creating the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Associate Global Network Engineer, you will be globally responsible for the architecture and engineering of Hilton networks supporting all corporate offices and hotel locations. You will also be responsible for Network automation and strategic roadmap as directed, while working as a member of Hilton's global network team. You will also able to grow and work closely with other technologies governed by our Global Network Engineering Team which includes VoIP, Video/Telepresence Partnership, LAN/WAN and Security.
More specifically, you will:
- Design and architecture of Hilton's corporate and hotel networks while working with network support vendors and OEM's to execute designs and meet SLA's.
- Continually update technical standards and strategic technical roadmaps for both Corporate and Hotel Local Area Networks.
- Execute new projects through project initiation, architecture, requirements analysis, design, project management and systems integration phases.
- Be responsible for all aspects of network engineering policies, and operations, including network programmability (Python, scripting and RESTful API) and orchestration.
- Develop and implement network policies to optimize network performance across corporate and hotel locations.
- Develop operating metrics for all elements of the corporate environment and actively lead network vendor and OEM performance.
- Act as the backup role working within the LAN/WAN and Security team.
What are we looking for?
We are seeking problem solvers who are passionate about growing in a dynamic industry and who love to combine their analytical skills with intuition for business. We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Local Area Network support knowledge and hands on experience with industry standards and best-practice design standards
- Object-oriented programming skills
- Excellent proficiency in computer skills (Excel, Word, Visio, Windows, etc.)
- Experience communicating and negotiating with all levels of management and external customers
- General knowledge with BGP, OSPF, Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, SNMP, and 802.11x technologies with Enterprise Class routers, switches and firewalls
- Works well under pressure
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- One (1) year of work experience
- Travel Time - 10%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree
- Licenses or Certificates: CCNA, CMNO
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!