Brooksource is searching for an Associate IT Production Control Specialist for our Fortune 500 partner located in Uptown Charlotte, NC. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent college graduate with a technical understanding and excellent communication skills to join a small team.
Duke Energy IT is looking to transform their 24x7 Ops functions and establish a new, best-in-class, Integrated Command Center that will specialize in predictive and proactive monitoring, issue resolution, and the improved reliability of our Data Center Infrastructure and business critical applications.
The Production Control Specialist will have the exciting opportunity to work in the Integrated Command Center providing tier 1 monitoring and support for both Enterprise Infrastructure environments (Mainframe, Windows, Linux, Storage, Citrix, IIS, Web/Middleware) and Enterprise Batch Level Support (CA7, Zeke, CA Workload Automation dSeries).
Daily You Will:
• Provide proactive and predictive monitoring, support, troubleshooting, and problem resolution of all data center infrastructure and software environments, storage, printing, networking, and batch environments in a timely manner
• Review and Complete Incident, Work Order, e-Form, and Other IT Infrastructure-related requests.
• Lead and Participate in Service Disruption events, Backup/Recovery or Disaster Recovery exercises.
• Researches production problems and initiates corrective action, along with preventative techniques where appropriate
• Assists in determining, planning, and implementing necessary changes to the IT infrastructure as needed.
• Participates on projects teams to provide support and consultation as needed
• Setup/modify, monitor and track the mainframe and client server production batch job flows.
• Perform Server Reboots or Mainframe system restarts(IPL) as needed.
• Create/delete print queues and troubleshoot printer related issues.
• Manage DHCP/IP Address on network related equipment and devices.
• Develop and promote standard processes and procedures.
• Provides documentation/reporting for infrastructure related events.
• Assists in determining and implementing necessary changes to the IT infrastructure.
• Supports and trains co-workers in use of equipment, monitors and diagnostic tools.
• Conducting routine audits of Infrastructure/environments to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines.
• Ongoing Cross-Training of Technical and Process knowledge.
• 2 or 4 year degree in Computer Science or IT related field or 1 - 3 years of IT related experience in lieu of degree.
• Knowledge of Windows and Linux Operating Systems is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service skills
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office toolset
• Ability to analyze, resolve, and document problems and resolutions
• Report: Reporting Directly to the Sr. IT Manager
• Company Size: Fortune 500 Energy Company
• Hours: Night Shift, 6:30PM-6:30AM, 4 days on - 3 days off, 40-hour weeks
• Location: Uptown Charlotte, NC
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.