The LifeVest division of ZOLL Medical Corporation is dedicated to developing the LifeVest wearable defibrillator (WCD) and associated technologies. The LifeVest WCD, worn directly against a patient’s skin, is prescribed to patients at risk of sudden cardiac death (SCD). Every year, 350,000 American lives are lost to SCD. At ZOLL LifeVest, your work will help to ensure cardiac patients get the life-saving therapy they need.
We’ve been Pittsburgh’s Manufacturer of the Year, one of Western PA’s Healthiest Employers, and even one of Pittsburgh’s Coolest Offices. But it’s our unique opportunity to impact people’s lives that makes ZOLL LifeVest the ideal place to build your career.
Position Summary: Support and improve the flow of product through the service/Manufacturing process by using knowledge of industrial engineering principles and Lean Manufacturing/Six Sigma.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with team members, supervisors, and other engineers to reduce cost and cycle time by improving processes through bottleneck and material flow analysis, optimizing plant layout, time and motion study, and problem solving techniques.
- Conduct studies pertaining to cost control, cost reduction, inventory control, and production record systems. On the basis of these studies, develop and implement plans and programs for facility modifications and revisions to operating methods.
- Review and improve processes based on quality data from internal and external sources.
- Analyze and design the sequence of operations and process flow to improve efficiencies in plant and production facilities and equipment layouts; and establish methods for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel.
- Establish labor standards through rigorous time studies and application of common allowances and evaluate product/process changes for effect on standards.
- Utilize statistical methods to determine the level of process control.
- Facilitate the deployment of lean methodologies and problem solving techniques throughout the organization.
- Ensure documentation aligns with line design and make necessary changes where needed.
- Drive projects, programs, and initiatives from planning through tactical execution.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S Degree in Industrial Engineering
- 0 - 3 years’ experience as an Industrial Engineer in an electro-mechanical manufacturing or service facility
- Working knowledge through application of Lean Manufacturing & Six Sigma concepts
- Strong customer focus
- Experience working in teams to identify improvement opportunities related to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
ZOLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer - minorities/femals/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.