Brooksource is searching for an Associate Infrastructure Analyst for our Fortune 200 Telecom Cable partner located in Charlotte, NC. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent college graduate with a technical understanding to support server and storage environments.
This analyst will serve as a member of the Data Center Storage and Backup team. This analyst will apply technical knowledge to analyze client and technology requirements to develop and support the Enterprise Server and Storage environments and work through a backlog of 1600 tickets utilizing Active Directory. This position is expected to communicate with customers and other team members to complete projects, independently achieve goals and complete assignments. Candidates will also have exposure to learn a broad skill set across server OS, hardware, and storage environments with a strong focus on VMware virtualization.
Daily You Will:
- Provide support for Corporate Enterprise issues on Windows, Linux, Unix and Storage systems.
- Perform routine monitoring of infrastructure health and proactively develop solutions to ensure system stability.
- Manages multiple vendors to develop hardware standards and configurations for all storage and server platforms.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining storage environments in support of business requirements.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting Windows, Linux and Unix virtual and physical servers.
- Server and Client application installation on different platforms including Windows Server, Linux Server and Unix Server.
- Developing and promoting standard operating procedures.
- Understanding and working with team to manage patching, firmware, drivers and hardware for server and storage product lines.
- System monitoring and tuning systems to achieve optimum capacity, performance levels and stability.
- Work on agile teams to deliver optimal storage architectural solutions and server delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree or Associate Degree in an IT related field
- Basic understanding of windows share and NTFS permissions,
- Required knowledge of Windows Active Directory Account Management
- Required knowledge of Windows Active Directory group creation
- Basic knowledge of Windows Server 2012/R2 and/or 2016
- Basic knowledge of Linux and/or AIX/Unix is a plus
- Basic knowledge of Windows, Linux and Unix scripting languages- PowerShell most preferable
- Basic knowledge of network and security architecture including gateways, switches, VLANs, firewalls and fiber networks
- Experience working with a ticketing system- Service Now most preferable
- Desktop support experience- will be working with end users
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.