Duration : 12 Month contract on W2
Hours: 8:00am to 5:00pm
- This position is responsible for the inception, development, implementation and sustainment of low voltage (480V and below) AC and DC electrical systems in conjunction with mechanical systems (HVAC, pumping, etc.)
- The Associate Electromechanical Engineer will provide support for the development of bid level drawing packages and also support immediate response efforts with reactionary projects for HVAC controls, server interface, and sustaining trouble shooting.
- Skills to include basic knowledge of energy management software and systems. Support the development and authoring of proposals as well as cost work load estimates with critical path schedule dates to support our project management team.
- The candidate ideally must have a Bachelor of Science degree and have a 0 to 2 years of field related experience.
- The candidate must be familiar with standards, codes, able to develop concepts, established practices, and procedures within electrical and mechanical engineering design, implementation, and stewardship.
- The candidate must be a self-starting yet an effective collaborator to expand experience and develop ideas/thoughts into physical reality. The candidate must also be able to provide guidance and concise decision matrices to support executive decisions.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute the design process for small to large scale projects performed internally as directed by the team leader. Assemble construction documents and specifications.
- Assist Project Managers and Design Managers to manage the design scope matrix for each project, representing current status for each design component from conceptual inspiration to receipt of final product.
- Coordinate the content and packaging of all design materials routinely transmitted for review and approval by local authority having jurisdiction. Participate in the development and maintenance of design standards for Project. Ability to produce quality free hand sketches for effective communication.
- Product research and resourcing. RFP, Proposal, Construction Document preparation and review.
- Assist with directing and coordinating all photo documentation required to record existing conditions, prototypes, and completed projects.
- Maintain design logs including receipt, processing, and distribution of all deliverables from both internal and external service providers and vendors.
- Create and maintain all project sample boxes for the collection and storage of all physical design components. Assist our Sourcing and Purchasing with contracts. Organize and maintain design resource library and coordination of all initial vendor contact. Perform site visits for the retrieval of field verifications to support the design process (i.e.: details, measurements, existing conditions, product data, etc.)
- Catalog and maintain all project Item Specification Manuals provided by external Design Professionals for current projects and historical posterity. Expedite the receipt of sample submittals required for final design approval. (Ex: custom lighting fixture prototypes and HVAC applications).
- Participate in the weekly design coordination meetings and helping to identify the higher priority items needing to be expedited. Assist Project and Design Managers to resolve design compliance issues relating to Projects requirements. Validate that all Item Specifications are consistent with products installed prior to archiving manuals.
- Research availability of As-Built Drawings in Archives. Assist with the logistics planning for all Executive Design Reviews involving agenda development which includes participant coordination and physical accommodations distributed to all internal partners and the extended project team.