Analysts is seeking local Columbus candidates for an Associate Network Administrator role with a direct client in Columbus, OH. This is a 6-month contract with the potential for long term extension. This is a 100% ONSITE role.
The Associate Network Administrator is responsible for network administration between the IT Office and the other client Offices. It will assist Director and Network Administrator with projects as needed.
The Associate Network Administrator will:
- Assist Network Administrator with essential tasks (including backups, security, user/device accounts, domain administration, email, infrastructure, internet access, office systems and applications support).
- Assist in the installation, configuration, and maintenance of servers, network hardware and software.
- Investigate network problems, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test and implement solutions.
- System/Network security (including firewalls, network applications, managing server security, file permissions, file system integrity, and adding and deleting users.)
- Establish and perform maintenance programs following Diocesan and vendor standards. Provide timely user notification of maintenance requirements and effects on system availability. Weekend and after hours processing sometimes required.
- Provide telephone system support (including implementation, system programming, and second level support).
- Regular attendance and punctuality are essential for this job.
- Assist the Help Desk with second-level support when necessary.
- Provide assistance to Director and users regarding connectivity and applications.
The Associate Network Administrator role will require:
- Compliance with BCI&I background checks and completion of Protecting God's Children program.
- High School degree required; a degree in a related field such as computer science, information technology, or information system management is preferred.
- Applicant must have at least two certifications, A+, Network+, Security+, Server+, MCSE, MCSA, MCP, CCNA.
- A minimum of two years of prior experience in supporting Servers, Switches and Routers.
- Excellent communication skills and strong analytical skills.
- Knowledge of Firewalls, Switches, Servers, LAN, WAN, TCP/IP, DNS, UDP, Latency, VoIP, QoS, AP is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills: The ability to work with others in a collaborative team environment.
- The ability to read and comprehend instructions, write short correspondence, and memos. The ability to effectively communicate to customers, clients, and other employees of the Diocese.