From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As the Associate Network Engineer, you will be globally responsible for the architecture and engineering of Hilton's networks supporting all corporate offices and hotel locations. You will also be responsible for Network automation and strategic roadmap as directed, while working as a member of Hilton's global network team. You will grow within the role and work closely with other technologies governed by our Global Network Engineering Team which includes VoIP, Video/Telepresence Collaboration, LAN/WAN and Security.
More specifically, you will:
- Design and architect Hilton's wireless corporate and hotel networks.
- Work with network support vendors and OEM's to execute our designs and meet SLA's.
- Update technical standards and strategic technical roadmaps for both Corporate Wireless and Hotel Networks.
- Execute new projects through project initiation, architecture, requirements analysis, design, project management and systems integration phases.
- Be responsible for all aspects of network engineering policies, and operations, including network programmability (Python, scripting and RESTful API).
- Implement network policies to optimize network performance across corporate and hotel locations.
- Develop operating metrics for all elements of the corporate environment and actively manage network vendor and OEM performance.
- Function as a backup working within the LAN/WAN and Firewall teams.
What are we looking for?
The success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Local Area Network support knowledge and hands on experience with industry standards and best-practice design standards.
- Someone with the flexible schedule for potential on-call rotation.
- Persuasive communicators who will positively influence Hilton's partners and who will communicate effectively at all levels.
- Problem solvers who are flexible and creative in finding solutions for hard problems.
- Collaborative and organized teammates who build positive relationships and trust.
- Accountable individuals who make excellent use of their time management skills to exceed in meeting deadlines, communicate results and recommend improvements.
- General knowledge with BGP, OSPF, Ethernet, MPLS, VPN, SNMP, and 802.11x technologies with Enterprise Class routers, switches and firewalls.
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BS Bachelor's degree
- One (1) year in wired/wireless network engineering, design and operations
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Three (3) years network engineer experience
- Certified Meraki Network Operator (CMNO) or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certifications
- Knowledge of hospitality-based IT systems and applications
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!