Is this you? Born leader. Visionary. Sales guru. If so, then look no further - your new career awaits you at Delfield, a division of Welbilt, Inc.
As Associate Sales Engineer - you will be responsible for identifying the needs and expectations of each project effectively through orders, quotations and drawings; and will be responsible for direct contact with dealers, representatives, and occasionally end-users; while working closely with Sales Engineers and Managers. You will obtain necessary knowledge and expertise in configuring custom solutions to address customer needs.
Reporting directly to the Sales Engineering Manager, this position will be located in Mount Pleasant, Michigan*.
We put the 'fast' in fast food and the refinement in fine dining. We put the icy refreshment in sodas and the 'rocks' in signature cocktails. Be part of an industry that touches every life. Advance your career with the leader in foodservice innovation!
Communicate directly with Dealers, Reps, and end users. Gain knowledge and expertise in configuring custom solutions to address customer needs, quote the solution and negotiate the price.
Relay volume of work in progress and other business intelligence to Marketing for purposes of forecasting.
Work within a team structure to support a pre-determined territory and provide back up within the team. Assist in managing projects to completion.
Essential Job Functions:
Evaluate and anticipate complex customer needs; and translate to configurable and custom products.
Process orders accurately within assigned timelines.
Originate or revise quotations and/or drawings to meet project needs.
Work within a team structure to support a pre-determined territory.
Work with Product Design to best determine how to meet the project needs, with reasonable equipment design and function through presentation drawings.
Provide support role to Logistics, Engineering, Manufacturing, Quality, Service, Parts and Credit departments regarding customers business before and after the sale.
Review product information to gain knowledge on product line for application on future jobs.
- Associate's degree; with a minimum of one year of experience working with commercial foodservice equipment is required. Will consider a minimum of three years of relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- Ability to interpret and understand construction documents and specifications.
- Ability to apply basic math principles.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Competency in using computers including Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) applications is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to travel up to 5% of the time.