From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future - for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.
What will I be doing?
As an Associate Software Engineer, you will apply your coding skills to maintain or enhance systems, methods, products, or techniques. You will work with build managers, architecture domains and IT disciplines as part of the Loyalty platform build team. You are a critically important resource deployed within the context of business IT solution delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our premier applications.
We will depend on you to be fully knowledgeable regarding complex software development concepts, standards, and current development languages and methods. You will develop, test, debug, and document application systems to achieve the objectives detailed in the business requirements. You will bring to bear good coding and analytical skills, working closely with Build Managers, Solution and Platform Architects and multi-functional teams to develop solutions that meet business requirements for the Hilton Honors Loyalty applications and platforms.
More specifically, you will:
- Create a specification and product design from published requirements to perform development tasks.
- Work independently without significant oversight to follow requirements and develop solutions that help meet the 'definition of done' for a particular User Story or break/fix.
- Demonstrate a mastery of the languages used to code/configure quality solutions that require limited rework and meet business/end-user needs by adhering to standards defined by build mangers, solution and platform architects.
- Serve as a SME for the loyalty platform which includes the Reimbursement application and Honors loyalty platform.
- Collaborate with the digital team, loyalty team, core service team, and product teams on targeted features and functions required allowing Hilton to maintain its position as a leader in loyalty.
- Develop and deliver loyalty functionality, including the following tasks: component development, writing unit tests, bug fixes.
- Work with various internal technology groups and external vendors to ensure integration and functionality between loyalty systems.
- Assist/lead trouble shooting of loyalty system issues.
- Support the planning of new releases and upgrades both internally and externally.
- Establish solid partnerships within the IT organization to ensure cross-functional alignment, to ensure clear understanding of a feature requests.
- Have a good understanding of technology including development and infrastructure.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Experience with 'as a service' platforms or relevant hosting environments
- Direct experience crafting and building similar solutions to the product supported
- Agile software development and relevant processes experience
- Experience with handling current code repositories utilized by organization
- Contemporary Agile development processes (e.g., SAFe)
- Applies software development knowledge to the current IT environment
- Agile problem-solving techniques and decision-making principles
- Works independently without significant oversight to follow requirements and develop solutions
- Fosters and learns new skills within the development space
- Creates transparency, teamwork, and builds collaborative relationships within the internal partners
- Aptitude for effectively addressing any issue in collaboration and diplomacy with others
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Three (3) years of web application development in a Java framework (GWT, Vaadin, Struts, etc.)
- Knowledge of REST API for building modern clients and interoperability
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Bachelor's Degree OR Associate's Degree plus six (6) years of Technology related experience OR High School Diploma/GED plus twelve (12) years of Technology related experience
- Five (5) years of experience as a Java web applications developer
- Direct experience building custom Documentum interfaces using Java
- Experience with Cloud integrations and AWS RDS
- Experience handling sources with different formats (Flat files, Databases, Web services, etc.)
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!