Job Description: Associate Supplier Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Position Type: 1-Year Contract
Primary Function of Position:
The mission of Supplier Engineering is to ensure high quality and stable delivery of purchased production components from suppliers operating under robust quality systems to maximize Patient Value. Each supplier engineer is responsible for ensuring their assigned Suppliers meet ISI requirements for product safety, quality, cost, delivery, and service.
- Investigate and resolve ISI Production line down events that are parts related; includes the following:
- In-depth Root Cause Analysis
- Disposition non-conforming material (Containment)
- Implement Corrective Actions/Preventive Actions
- Documenting all the above
- Serving as a liaison between design engineering, manufacturing engineering, and the supplier.
- Resolve and prioritize supplier issues to ensure on time delivery of product to support production.
- Support New Product Development activity for new purchased product, which may include:
- Inspection Correlation
- First Article Inspection
- Support supplier manufacturing process improvements that affect quality by supporting the SE team in using various tools and best practices including project management, 8D/6M methods and other Six Sigma practices.
Qualifications and Skills: To adequately perform the responsibilities of this position the individual must possess:
- BS degree in Engineering (preferred degree in Mechanical or Aerospace)
- Ability to read and interpret detailed specification drawings, including GD&T, and communicate technical information.
- In-depth analytical and trouble-shooting skills, and inspection techniques
- Experience in evaluating and supporting supplier/product-related issues
- Dependable Project Management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
- 3 years of hands-on experience in microelectronic, optical, or medical device coating or assembly
- Advanced computer experience using MS Excel, SAP (or other ERP system), and Agile (or other document control system)
- Knowledge of input variables into manufacturing processes that impact quality.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
- Knowledge of Good Manufacturing Process (GMP)
- Experience in complex mechanical assembly or mechanisms.
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!