Canon Healthcare Optics Research Laboratory is currently seeking an Associate System Engineer (Associate, Engineer) to assist in optical, electrical, mechanical and software design and test of the key components and materials for medical optical imaging systems.
- Participates in requirements analysis, functional analysis, performance analysis, system design, trade studies, systems integration and test (verification)
- Supports the generation of technical engineering products by using the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle
- Performs interface definition studies of system components and products under direct supervision
- Perform optical, electrical, mechanical and software testing of prototype components and assemblies
- Perform root cause analysis on optical, electrical, mechanical and software designs under direct supervision
- Build and improve custom test equipment and fixtures
- Present test results in team meetings using PowerPoint or other presentation software
- Author characterization or benchmark studies
- Author test reports and complete test protocols
- Author component and assembly specifications
- Generate engineering analysis reports, spreadsheets or presentations
- Design and recommend design improvements for test fixtures and system components
- BS expected Systems or Biomedical Engineering
- Co-op experience required
- Excellent understanding of optical, electrical, mechanical and software principles and interactions
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated potential to work in a team environment on one or more of the following areas: engineering analysis, design documentation, modeling & simulation, verification testing, or software development
- Desired skills in basic modeling and analysis tools: e.g Universal Modeling Language, Solid Works, or Excel
- Desired programming skills (C, C++, or Python)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Shows initiative on assignments, and professionally executes projects with little direction
About our Company - Canon U.S.A., Inc., is a leading provider of consumer, business-to-business, and industrial digital imaging solutions to the United States and to Latin America and the Caribbean markets. With approximately $36 billion in global revenue, its parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE:CAJ), ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2017 and is one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2018. Canon U.S.A. is committed to the highest level of customer satisfaction and loyalty, providing 100 percent U.S.-based service and support for all of the products it distributes in the United States. Canon U.S.A. is dedicated to its Kyosei philosophy of social and environmental responsibility. In 2014, the Canon Americas Headquarters secured LEED® Gold certification, a recognition for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of high-performance green buildings. To keep apprised of the latest news from Canon U.S.A., sign up for the Company's RSS news feed by visiting www.usa.canon.com/rss and follow us on Twitter @CanonUSA. For media inquiries, please contact [email protected].
Based on weekly patent counts issued by United States Patent and Trademark Office. .
All referenced product names, and other marks, are trademarks of their respective owners. .
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers site https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers.
#CUSA #LI-AV1 #CBAV #DICE