Brooksource is searching for an Associate Telecom Technician for our Fortune 500 Energy partner located in Raleigh, NC for a 12 month contract to hire. This is the ideal opportunity for a recent college graduate with a technical understanding to support a large infrastructure environment.
The Associate Telecom Technician is responsible for the installation, programming, testing, and maintenance of various types of Telecommunications equipment and systems for Duke Energy Corporation and its Subsidiaries. Initially this position is primarily focused on subscriber devices (radios, phone set, data switches) and DS0-DS3 circuit level components and is expected to progress to become proficient in all telecommunications technologies. Equipment/Systems include Fiber Optics, Microwave (SONET, DWDM, DS0 up to OC-192), Telephone Systems & Associated Physical Infrastructure (PBXs, subscriber sets, wiring, Network Interfaces), Wireless Systems (Two-way radio, paging, SCADA, siren control systems), cable plant systems, data Network, and common equipment including Antenna Networks (Towers, feedlines, combiners, duplexers), Power Equipment (emergency generators, batteries, inverters, UPS, transfer panels) and Grounding systems. This level is typically under general supervision.
Daily you will:
- INCIDENT RESOLUTION
- Provide day to day support to restore and repair telecommunication infrastructure to ensure that established SLAs are met. Assists in successful diagnosis of incidents and restoration of interrupted services.
- SOLUTION DELIVERY
- Install Telecommunication Infrastructure and components as requested by the Customer within the established SLA.
- Provides installation hands on support for telecommunications projects.
- PROBLEM MANAGEMENT
- Conducts overall problem trend analysis and makes technical environment improvements. Assists in providing input for root cause analysis and problem resolution.
- PREVENTION MAINTENANCE
- Performs preventative maintenance for Telecommunications Infrastructure to ensure a high level of system reliability and system integrity.
- SKILL DEVELOPMENT
- Develops own skills and knowledge of telecommunications equipment and product lines.
- Two- year degree in electronics or associated technical degree, or military equivalent occupational skills.
- Experience in the installation/maintenance of telecommunications networks and equipment is a plus
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to obtain necessary unescorted access such as NERC/CIP and Nuclear
- Methodical problem solver, highly motivated, time management
- (Direct report) Reporting directly to the Telecomm Manager
- (Hours) Monday-Thursday 7AM-6PM, on call rotation 1x every 4-6 weeks
- Company car
- (Dress code) Business casual
- (Location) Raleigh, NC
- (Interview) Friday 2/22 9AM
Qualities of a Top Candidate:
- Strong interpersonal skills and written/oral communication skills to work effectively with business partners, peer IT resources, and all levels of management
- Ability to reason logically analyze and evaluate performance data and information, and draw appropriate conclusions
- Eager and excited to grow current infrastructure skills
- Long-term interest in Telecommunications
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.