Are you looking for a chance to work in a fast-paced and challenging environment that will utilize your creative abilities and CAD skills? We are looking for a dedicated and accurate mechanical drafter with an interest in mechanical engineering and a self-motivated attitude. You will be working with our expert engineering teams to create a variety of technical drawings and digital models and will be able to contribute to the design process as well. We foster a positive and encouraging work atmosphere and offer plenty of opportunities for on-the-job mentoring and practical experience with several departments, including manufacturing and project management. Join our client's team and enjoy competitive pay and benefits as well as the chance to further your professional education and career prospects.
- Create technical drawings, manufacturing schematics, and 2D and 3D digital models of mechanical equipment designs, using measurements, specifications and additional data from engineering team
- Collect initial drawings, calculations and design ideas from engineers, and combine all relevant data into coherent and complete initial design models for review and modification
- Coordinate directly with engineers and project managers to understand project requirements, verify design details and recommend modifications as needed according to company standards and best practices
- Annotate and verify all numerical designations and specifications in technical drawings and schematics, using both CAD programs and manual calculations when necessary
- Communicate with manufacturing personnel to create detailed layouts prior to production, and assist in designing, creating and testing production molds
- Provide support to engineering team as needed by creating technical drawings and digital models within deadlines and utilizing multiple methods to ensure deliverables include all relevant design details
- Assist in ongoing project to standardize and unify design document standards by participating in meetings and preparing presentation materials as necessary
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Associate degree in drafting preferred
- Minimum of two years of experience required
- Proficient with AutoCAD
- Excellent technical communication skills with engineers and manufacturing personnel
- Strong attention to detail and mathematical abilities
- Able to work within strict deadlines
Pay: $19 - $24 per hour DOE
If interested, call Mourad today!
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email accommodation@aerotek .com for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.