Coilcraft, Inc., founded in 1945, is an established worldwide organization specializing in the manufacture of magnetic components with headquarters located in Cary, Illinois. We are seeking an Automation Engineer to work in our Cary, IL facility. The position will report to our Engineering Supervisor in Product Design and will be responsible for the R&D and qualification phases of fixture and automation design supporting NPD initiatives in a fast paced environment. We are looking for a dynamic mechanical engineer with experience in design and fabrication of automated and manual assembly equipment, jigs and fixtures as well as machine setup and debug. Candidates should have a minimum of eight years progressive experience in automation and fixture design working with small components. Must be able to work alone or in groups and have strong brainstorming, collaboration and organization skills. Candidates should be capable of managing multiple projects and priorities.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- 8+ years experience with automation and fixture design.
- Proficiency in Solid Works modelling, drawing creation, and GD&T.
- Assembly machinery setup and debug experience.
- Experience with PLC programming, injection mold design, sheet metal stamping and laser welding a strong plus.
- Experience with FEA modeling.
This position may require compliance with ITAR export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens or have permanent resident status.