Location : Rochester, NY
Duration : 6 Months(Right to Hire)
- This position is responsible for associated activities related to automated machinery and equipment.
- This includes evaluating existing processes to reduce cost, improve sustainability and develop best practices within the production process.
- This position works to identify, develop and deliver innovative solutions that drive improved process capability.
- Support focus includes equipment design, software development, mechanical design, troubleshooting and debug, creation of documentation including operator manuals, and training of personnel.
- Balance between these responsibilities will vary based on department workload.
- This position requires an extensive background in automated manufacturing and the flexibility to move between various disciplines as needed.
- Develop, debug, and implement programs for PLC's, HMI's, Vision Systems, Servo Motor Controllers, and Robots.
- Provide automated controls support, as needed, to maintenance and automation technicians for complex controls systems used across the Rochester campus.
- Exhibited proficiency with 2D and 3D CAD, including electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical details.
- Drive continuous improvement by developing, implementing, and validating systems that optimize all phases of the production process while being actively involved in the development and implementation of the long-term improvement programs.
- Provide feedback to molding process engineers to increase automated assembly efficiency.
- Participate in new product development projects verifying new products will perform within our manufacturing processes.
- Conceptualize, develop, verify and validate engineering solutions for automated control systems that supports plant activities including: scrap reduction, customer complaint corrective action, & productivity improvements.
- Responsible for capital project management from justification to the implementation of automated manufacturing systems.
- This includes the development of equipment specifications & the ability to work with a wide variety of external suppliers to obtain quotations.
- Develops project plans and capital appropriations requests.
- Prepares schedules, budgets and tracks progress while keeping the internal customers informed on project status.
- Responsible for the successful installation & start up for all new automation processes including new equipment.