The automation test lead guides the application of Allegis principles and concepts for functional testing and test automation to improve organizational capabilities. Performs functional testing and test automation activities on complex and non-routine issues requiring the application of industry best practices. Applies experience to achieve the objectives and goals of the job domain.
- Works independently to perform test automation using an existing framework while contributing to changes for new and existing frameworks.
- Design and Develop the Automated solution for various repeatable tests (Sanity/Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Production Validation, etc.)
- Advance QA process to improve the overall testing cycle.
- Develops data/scenario strategies to reduce the time required to test.
- Assist with test plan articulation, planning, and management of testing events.
- Creates level of effort (LOE) and duration estimates for assigned work.
- Partner with DevOps team in enabling Continuous Testing.
- Collaborate with QA CoE on practices and frameworks requirements.
- Be able to work independently on projects with minimal supervision.
- Participates in sprint planning, backlog grooming, and code reviews as well as user acceptance testing.
- Communicates complex technical concepts effectively and in terms that can be understood by all parties involved.
Supervisory or Management Responsibility:
- Management responsibility for the automation test engineers, including hiring, leadership, development and accountability for performance.
- Acts as Coach-Leader, coaching others in their development as a leader and/or a more complex problem solver, and focuses on helping others formulate their development agenda
- Assists in team development while holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work; leveraging organizational resources to improve capacity for project work; and mentoring team members
- Promotes empowerment of the team, ensures that each team member is fully engaged in the product and support-related work and making a meaningful contribution, and encourages a sustainable pace with high-levels of quality for the team
- Communicates and engages with highly technical knowledge workers. Able to challenge testers' thought processes to drive them to better solutions.
- Establishes operational/team objectives and goals.