Clearance Level Needed: Secret
Category: Engineering & Support Services
ManTech is seeking a full time mid-level employee who is educated and experienced in the fundamentals of autonomous systems and collaborative unmanned operations to provide Scientific, Engineering, and Technical Assistance (SETA) to various government customers. This position is for engineering support to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), which is working on cutting-edge technologies in defense systems. DARPA relies on small, agile, and effective SETA support teams to work closely with Government Program Managers to enable successful program formulation and execution. These SETA teams provide technical and programmatic support to Program Managers and are integral to the day-to-day activities of the combined Government team involved with each program. As part of the overall Government team, SETAs also collaborate with the Industry partners developing the technologies and systems. For more information on what SETAs are and do: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Systems_Engineering_and_Technical_Assistance
General Responsibilities: You will work with a team of SETAs supporting 1 to 2 aerospace programs at DARPA. As a SETA, you will carefully balance program needs, government Program Manager (PM) desires, and the capabilities available to you from the extended SETA and Government roster of technical experts, to ensure that programs and the PM are successful within the SETA budget. This will require you to have the necessary technical background to understand the activities Industry is undertaking, and a calm and thoughtful approach to all stakeholders.
- Utilize understanding in autonomous systems to help create breakthrough technologies in collaborative, multi-vehicle operations.
- Provide programmatic and technical support to the government PM.
- Help develop new concepts and find transition partners.
- Be cognizant and assist in monitoring all performing contractors, SETAs, and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure proper coordination of activity and maintain PM awareness on status and issues.
- Maintain an up to date master schedule and track status of all tasks.
- Identify risks and coordinate mitigation plans and approaches.
- Conduct test and evaluation.
- Support and coordinate milestone and executive reviews.
- Coordinate meetings, teleconferences, and travel.
- Provide inputs to the program manager in response to all calls for information regarding program activity, including weekly activity reports, information requests, and Congressional inquiries.
- Ensure program security compliance including classified, proprietary, ITAR restricted, and source selection sensitive material.
- Tailor briefing materials for specific audiences, and coordinate and support briefings at internal and external venues.
Mandatory Background, Competencies, and Skills:
- An engineering or scientific background applicable to autonomy and UAS.
- Designing and assembling autonomous prototype vehicles.
- Knowledge of command and control of multi-vehicle systems and coordinated operations.
- Familiarity with autonomous mission and route planning.
- Knowledge in manned teaming with autonomous systems.
- Understanding of air-to-air combat.
- Test program planning and execution.
- Balance budgets and make resource allocation decisions.
Education Requirements: The candidate must have, at minimum, a BS Degree; MS degree strongly desired, with a focus in Autonomy, Unmanned Aerial Systems, and Autonomous Systems