SkillStorm is seeking an Avaya Engineer for our client in Charlotte, North Carolina. Candidates must be able to work on SkillStorm's W2; not a C2C position.
- Implement real time voice collaboration solutions that enable users to communicate effectively.
- Seamlessly integrate Avaya platforms with legacy and strategic technologies (i.e. IVR, Genesys CTI, IEX Workforce Management, West/Intrado e911, MOH, NICE call recording, etc.).
- Collaborate with internal and external subject matter experts, including line of business, business technology teams, operational support teams, various technology organizations, and vendors to develop and support the implementation of collaboration solutions.
- Adhere to, update, and/or create where necessary security standards and internal controls and procedures
- Responsible for implementation of complex solutions on time and on budget;
- Implement low level technical designs for complex solutions.
- Ensure successful implementation of technical solutions into the production environment.
- Provide Level 3 support to resolve complex and visible production issues as required.
- Accountable for production environment oversight;
- Implement solutions to meet customer’s availability requirements.
- Implementation for capacity, security, continuity, and availability management.
- Evaluate high risk change.
- Provide subject matter expertise to line of business, relationship managers, network teams and Operations.
- Identify risks and recommend remediation process.
- Engage with GIS, Compliance, and Legal to ensure proper controls.
- Ensure the stability of environment through lifecycle management.
- Recommend and leverage tools to ensure effective platform management.
- Demonstrate extensive technical experience working with large VoIP network using Avaya Voice solutions including ACM, AES, CMS, IEX/WFM, NICE Call Recording, Genesys CTI, SAL, West/Intrado e911, MOH, Ribon (SONUS) and SIP.
- Broad working knowledge of call routing in complex fortune 500 company with QSIG, H323 and SIP normalization using header manipulation.
- Firm understanding of SIP and call control disciplines as well as next generation networks using APIs, and Web RTC.
- SIP and Traditional ISDN/PRI Trunking.
- VoIP endpoint configuration to meet site specific environmental requirements.
- VLANs, switch port configuration, layer two networking, and QOS.
- E911 configuration on West/Intrado e911 products preferred
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, including attention to detail, and ability to determine effective course of action as required.
- Ability to thoroughly review, understand and interpret technology updates for applicability in the environment we support.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of customers and leadership.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and respond under pressure.
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and advanced proficiency with Microsoft Visio and Project.
- Avaya certifications on, but not limited to; ACM, AES and CMS.
Other Required Skills:
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as computer science, computer engineering or 10 years relevant experience in lieu of degree.
- 7+ years of strong technical experience in coordinating the implementation and operation of voice and data communication solutions.
- Must have exceptional time management skills, be customer oriented and strong organizational and coordination skills.
- In-depth knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Wireless LAN experience a plus.