View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Avaya RED VoIP Engineer
Security Clearance required: Active Secret Clearance, will accept an Interim Secret
US Citizenship Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Avaya Engineer will ensure implementation of best practice solutions for voice communications services. They will design and implement voice solutions including PBX engineering, voice network provisioning, and ACD administration. The Engineer will support and manage voice systems, voice networks, and adjuncts such as System Manager, Session Manager, AES, CMS, WFO ,Maintenance, and Installation. They will also provide Tier 2 and 3 support to internal voice support staff. They will document voice networks and work with vendors and clients to plan, design, and implement client and internal voice solutions.
- Provide support to internal teams and clients on voice network and applications
- Work with clients and internal teams to design and implement call routing solutions
- Manage and maintain voice network and systems
- Recommend solutions, improvements, strategy, and architecture for voice network and systems
- Ensure incident tickets are attended to in a timely manner
- Responsible for day to day adds, moves, changes, and user troubleshooting.
- Resolving issues with the Avaya systems on site
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from Delivery/Operations Teams,
- Coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled time frames.
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
- Meeting with customer to discuss special tasks (i.e. large moves) and providing solutions when needed
- Can be available 24/7 or able to respond within a 4 hour period if needed when oncall
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Avaya certifications preferred: ACA or ACIS or ACSS or ACS or ACE or ACSA
- 5+ years of experience with call center technology, voice systems and voice networks with emphasis in VoIP systems with both h323 and SIP
- Configure SIP trunks (routing via AAR/ARS) Experience
- 5 years’ experience with Avaya Communication Manager. Versions 7/8 are preferable.
- Experience in a complex IT environment with a multi-platform technical environment helpful
- Avaya Communication Manager (Avaya Aura Platforms) and Adjunct Administration, Maintenance, and Installation
- Experience with VoIP, inbound and outbound voice networks, experience with network protocols and circuit provisioning and standards, understanding of LAN protocols
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects and work across all levels in the organization
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with project teams and managers as a service provider
- Proven ability to plan, investigate, design, and implement voice networks
- Ability to effectively interact with customers to discuss needs and provide solutions
- Avaya Communications (ARS) and (AAR) enterprise experience
- Experience with other Avaya appliances, i.e. Avaya Aura Messaging, Avaya CMS, and Avaya OneX Agent.
- A working knowledge of basic telephony, i.e. wiring, cross connects, demarcation points etc.
- Strong team player and team mentor
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please clickhereto review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email@example.com.