View more Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google
Avaya Voice Engineer
Required Clearance: Fully Adjudicated SECRET clearance; will be processed for a Top Secret upon hire
US Citizenship is Required
Location: Washington, DC
Position Summary: The Avaya Voice Engineer provides voice engineering, with a focus on voice/real-time communications. This Avaya Voice Engineer provides project support as well as operations support required for Avaya PBX and Cisco data functions related to telecommunications that includes, but is not limited to day-to-day O&M escalation support, system upgrades/enhancements, as well as ongoing projects and day-to-day moves, adds, changes (MACs) working closely with the Project Management Organization (PMO) Data/Voice Lead Engineer. Cisco voice experience will be considered in lieu of limited Avaya experience, but significant Avaya experience is required.
- Supports voice engineering initiatives for all project-related and ongoing operations support for voice communications services.
- Works closely with PMO Data/Voice Lead and TWD Project Managers to review customer requirements and develops basis of estimates (BOEs), consent to purchase (CTP) material forms, circuit order request forms (CORFs)/quotes, and engineering implementation plans for all project-related initiatives.
- Implements and troubleshoots enterprise Voice-related solutions/incidents/system outages.
- Analyze system logs and identifying potential issues with Telecommunication
- Recommends and integrate new Telecommunication Voice, Video and Unified Communications technologies.
- Monitors the Telecommunication Network infrastructure and support state-of-the-art Monitoring and Reporting tools for proactive management to minimize outages to phone systems.
- Monitors, review, recommend, test, and implement new software revision/feature sets/patch evaluation and trade studies, periodic system refresh
- Responds to escalated incidents and service requests from TWD Service Delivery/Operations Teams, coordinates planned maintenance activities, coordinates/facilitates planned/unplanned service outages, and ongoing project-related support activities;
- Maintain enterprise awareness of system maintenance and outages, as well as world events that could impact IT operations.
- Communicates all planned/unplanned service outages to management/leads and Senior Watch Officers supporting the IT Operations Center.
- Frequently communicates with Team Leads on upcoming projects, system maintenance activities, and unplanned events to ensure staff are prepared to support the Department
- Promptly responds to all critical/high and/ or VIP incidents or service requests and resolves within service level targets and/or scheduled timeframes.
- Monitors ticket queues are actively monitored to ensure customer tickets and service requests are promptly addressed.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Certifications:
- US Citizenship is a requirement of this position in accordance with 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(2)(C)
- Bachelor's Degree in related technical discipline and/or 5+ years of IT/Voice-related experience in lieu of degree
- Candidate should have recent VoIP experience on an enterprise network, including implementation of QoS for H.323 and/or Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) technology
- Must have demonstrated implementation experience.
- Strong LAN/WAN/MAN experience with a focus on WAN services (ISDN, Frame-Relay, Point-to-Point, DMVPN, METRO ETHERNET, VPLS, TLS, and MPLS).
- Working knowledge and experience with voice communications systems (Cisco/Avaya, but particularly Avaya)
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational, time management and documentation skills.
- Self-starter, with a desire to be in a fast paced large enterprise telecommunications environment.
- Accurate and prompt handling of Telecom administration work and solving of related issues
- Sound reasoning ability together with strong problem solving skills and the ability to know when to escalate issues before they become critical.
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience with many of the following Avaya platform and/or Application components:
- Aura Communication Manager 5.2 or greater
- S-Series and COTS Server,MCC/G-Series gateways with ESS and LSP components)
- System Platform, Avaya Virtualization Platform, and Session Manager
- Aura Messaging, and Inuity Audix
- Aura Call Center Elite (EAS) and Advocate ACD call-flow
- Oracle/ACME Packet Client's
- Avaya Communications Automatic Route Selection (ARS) and Avaya Automatic Alternative Routing (AAR) in an enterprise environment
- CCNP Voice and/or Data - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- CCNA Voice - Cisco Certified Network Professional
- Avaya Professional Design Specialist (APDS)
- Avaya Certified Implementation Specialist (ACIS)
- Avaya Certified Support Specialist (ACSS)
- Avaya Certified Solutions Architect (ACSA)
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, this position requires the ability to sit for potentially long periods of time throughout the workday. Hearing sufficient to understand conversations, both in person and on the telephone. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components for potentially long periods of time without experiencing abnormal hand, wrist, or eye strain. Occasional inspection of cables in floors and ceilings. Lifting and transporting moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Work Environment: Includes a typical office environment, with minimal exposure to excessive noise or adverse environmental issues, including exposure to heat, cold, inclement weather conditions, and occasional environmental hazards. Local, regional, and national travel may be required.
Medical, Dental, Vision Plan
AD&D and Life Insurance
Paid Federal Holidays
Paid Time Off
401(k) Retirement Plan
View More Careers at EPSILON
Follow us on: LinkedIn | Twitter | google+
Epsilon is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEO/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Vets.
Please click here to review your rights under EEO policy.
If you are an individual with a disability and need special assistance or reasonable accommodation in applying for employment with Epsilon, Inc., please contact our Recruiting department by phone 828-398-5414 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.