What will your job look like?
• You will be responsible for the technological aspects associated with implementing and delivering cloud services to our clients.
• You will be part of a cloud migration team that includes projects leads, architects, platform engineers, testers, and DB experts.
• You will be involved in the entire lifecycle of cloud transformation processes that cover discovery, planning, optimization, development, automation, testing and production deployment and support.
• You will be expected to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to cloud infrastructure, resources, services, operating systems, and servers.
• You will work closely with the on-premises application teams to gather the software and hardware requirements and to get familiar with the on-premises design and architecture
• You will partner with the other infrastructure team members such as DBA, operation, network, and security, to troubleshoot and resolve issues related to connectivity, integration, security and more.
• You will recommend and leverage optimization solutions to harness the full benefits of cloud computing
• You will implement Continuous Delivery (CD) pipelines using Infrastructure as Code (IaC) techniques and serve as a technical expert for IaC
• You will focus on automating cloud infrastructure, application builds and deployments, and other operational tasks
• You will be immersed DevOps and agile culture and use Azure DevOps platform and technologies.
• As needed, you will participate in after-hours maintenance windows to troubleshoot and/or install various system updates.
• Cloud Engineer with at least 3 years of experience with cloud platforms, technologies and services encompassing IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, compute, storage, database, network, security, identity, and operation systems
• Development expertise, at least with one of the common languages such as: Java, C++, Python, Ruby and Go
• Strong scripting skills using scripting languages and automation tools such as Shell script, Bash, Powershell, Packer, Ansible, Terraform, Chef, and Puppet
• Use Infrastructure as Code tools (such as Azure DevOps) and techniques to deliver immutable infrastructure and reusable services to the cloud.
• Utilizing Infrastructure as Code tools (such as Azure DevOps) and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools and processes (such as Azure pipelines) to deliver immutable infrastructure and re-usable services for the cloud at scale
• Ability to follow procedures and guidelines and to implement solutions that are aligned with program-level standards.
• Ability to research and to recommend solutions and techniques that will reduce cost and optimize infrastructure flexibility.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to troubleshoot problems and collaborating with other experts to overcome blockers
• Additional desirable experience in Linux and Windows administration, Networking, Active Directory, Monitoring Tools, Kubernetes, Docker, OpenShift, databases (such as: Oracle, SQL Server, and Postgres), Web and Application servers (such as: Wildfly, Tomcat, Websphere, and IIS)
• Cloud certification(s) in engineering, architecture, administration, and other technologies is a plus.
• Experience in performing migrations of applications from on-premise to Azure is preferrable
• Experience working in agile/scrum teams and strong team player
• Possess a passion for continuous learning and a growth mindset
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and professional demeanor.
• Cloud Certification (any will be a plus)
• Experience with one of the top cloud platforms, cloud technologies and services, PaaS, and IaaS
• Experience with one or more databases such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySql, Postgres , MongoDB , Cassandra, Big Data
• Experience with one or more Web and application servers such as Wildfly/JBOSS, Tomcat, Weblogic, Websphere, and IIS
• Experience with one or more programming languages such as Java, C++, C#, Python, GO,
• Experience with one or more Infrastructure as Code (IaC) tools for automation such Terraform, Ansible, Packer, Chef, Puppet, Azure Resource Manager AWS CloudFormation is a plus
• Experience with one or more scripting languages such as Shell, Bash, Powershell is a plus
• Experience with any of the following is a plus: Networking, Security, Load Balancer, Firewall, App Gateway, Web services, Microservices, Containers, and Operation System Administration.
Why you will love this job:
• You will be working on market leading software for the telecommunications industry.
• You will be provided with a rare learning opportunity within an experienced team, to work on high-end technology.
• You will be working within an extremely diverse and multi-cultural environment, and a fast growing and dynamic organization.
If you are interested and feel qualified, please email your resume to email@example.com and then call David Slaymaker at 507-520-4420.