Location: Denver, CO
The Sr. Integration Engineer is responsible for helping to shape our application landscape by sharing data across multiple platforms.This role will collaborate closely with development and architecture teams to build stable, scalable and performant integration interfaces that enable the client to execute core business capabilities. As a technical product owner, you will build and drive best practices within our integration platform, ensure vendor led development teams adhere to the client's standards, and help mentor junior developers. This role will work closely with Data, Infrastructure and Security stakeholders to understand the enterprise landscape as we move our development practice into the DevOps model.
Above all you will be expected to carry out all your activities with reliability, integrity, compliance and in a safe, environmentally responsible, and efficient manner.
- Provide technical direction to development teams across our custom applications, aligning solutions to our enterprise application goals
- Contribute to development efforts ensuring clean, secure, testable, maintainable, reusable, well-documented code, and participates / leads regular code reviews
- Refactor application code for performance, scalability, and stability
- Ensure our development standards are applied to custom interfaces
- Partner with product owners and design team to define feature specifications for new and existing integrations
- Work closely with operations and infrastructure to build and scale back end services
- Development in an Azure Cloud environment. Must have strong .Net and SQL skills
- Contribute to software architecture design, automated testing, monitoring, continuous integration, continuous build and branch management of code bases
- Support team members in troubleshooting issues that arise and serving as a L3 escalation point for complex issues
- Work effectively with a small team using an agile workflow, and a willingness to jump in and help wherever needed
- Strong business acumen
- 2+ years of experience as a .Net core developer
- 2+ years of SQL experience
- Must have ability to learn modern technologies quickly
- Advanced knowledge of and production-level experience with cloud hosted web application and services
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases including implementation and design trade-offs in various client application scenarios
- Experience working with Microservice Architectures
- Prior experience using and developing REST APIs
- Proficient understanding of testing (unit, integration)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Working in an agile team environment
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science strongly preferred
- Experience in a food manufacturing industry
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud IAAS or PAAS
- Experience with a Microsoft-centric development environment, specifically Function/Logic App
- Experience utilizing Dev Ops, continuous build deployment or other enterprise operational support models
- Experience with API Gateways
- Limited travel as needed to support business needs.
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!