Microsoft Azure/O365 System Admin
- Plan, organize, and manage the on-premises and cloud applications and perform related duties as required.
- Develops a mastery of the organization's Office 365/Azure environments to provide ongoing support for all end users.
- Oversees application performance through system monitoring and analysis
- Continual analysis of applications with focus on workflow development and process improvement.
- Ensures that backup, recovery, and security procedures are set up and performed as planned and necessary.
- Provides consultation to inform the design, development, operation, and support of applications, enterprise cloud architecture, security and risk assessment/mitigation.
- Support the agencies digital transformation process for cloud-based applications following best practices for security and high-availability.
- Participate in and/or lead new initiatives/special projects as assigned.
- Keeps supervisor informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of objectives, and those which are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
- All other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree in health information management, information technology, business administration, data/statistics or a related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- Minimum of five years' experience in Information Technology, Azure, Office 365 Administration, including Microsoft Teams. Existing Healthcare experience desirable.
- Minimum of five years' experience in cybersecurity, risk management, and cyber-compliance, preferably in a healthcare (HIPAA) environment.
- Has an in-depth understanding and knowledge of security standards, i.e. NIST 800-53, privacy laws (HIPAA, 42 CFR Part 2), and industry best practices for information assurance.
- A strong understanding of the administration of an O-365 environment, able to leverage the full capabilities of the services/licenses
- Experience/knowledge with VB Script, PowerShell, Java, JSON and other scripting, programming, and markup languages desired.
- Active Directory, O-365, and Team's governance, security group/permissions strategy to support an organized, intuitive, efficient and effective environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Excellent interpersonal/customer service skills; ability to work well with end users at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to communicate solutions and educate non-technical audiences on technical concepts
- Must possess a valid NYS driver's license.