***Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship due to client requirements***
***NO THIRD PARTY VENDORS***
Our client, located in Queens NY, is seeking a Business Intelligence (BI) Engineer to partner with our business intelligence team on building the data sources required for Tableau reporting. You will maintain data extraction, transformation and publishing of raw data from various data sources into our data warehouses for consumption through Tableau. You will own master data management and the buildout of ETL solutions to bring data from our partners into our data lake. The ideal candidate will enjoy working on a variety of projects at once, with lots of different software services and data sources.
Top Skills Needed:
- Hands on experience writing SQL queries and working with cloud based ETL tools like Alteryx or Matillion.
- Experience integrating data sources with BI systems such as PowerBI or Tableau
- Strong SQL integration knowledge with SQL Server, MySQL, or another RDBMS.
* Lead data administration, modelling and integration activities in data warehouse systems
* Manage and contribute to the strategy and engineering of the data life cycle management
* Analyze user requirements and translate into database requirements and implement in database code
* Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading (ETL/ELT) of data from a wide variety of data sources and optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability
* Create and optimize SQL queries and stored procedures
* Maintain business intelligence solutions to achieve data reporting and analysis goals in Tableau
* Coordinate with the business units to identify new data requirements, analysis strategies, reporting mechanisms and automate report delivery
* Conduct unit testing and troubleshooting
* Experience building/deploying software using toolsets within common cloud infrastructures such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
* 3 years minimum hands on experience database administration, configuration and query
* Ability to work with multiple versions of SQL: Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, or another RDBMS
* Experience in supporting data pipeline into Tableau or Power BI cloud platforms
* Background in data warehouse design (e.g. dimensional modeling) and data mining
* A successful history of manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected data sets
* Strong analytical and organization skills including ability to document and analyze business processes
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Data Scientist, Statistics, Information systems or quantitative related field
* Snowflake Data Warehouse, Python, MapReduce a plus
* Familiarity with modern source control systems, Git a plus
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.