BUILD YOUR FUTURE...WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield Insurance, you will quickly learn that protecting our customer's future by delivering on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens is at the heart of what we do. Building relationships and caring about people has been part of our culture since 1848. Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, know how to elevate an idea and can innovate and seek opportunity in a changing world.
Business Intelligence (BI) Specialist 3 Job Summary
Salary Range: 89,657 - 103,106 - 116,554
With minimal guidance and direction, the BI Specialist 3 works with the business stakeholders, business system analysts, data integration specialists, data analysts, architects and the database administrators (DBA's) to design and build enterprise analytical and reporting solutions that enable decision making processes by end users in the business.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Designs and develops BI analytical and reporting solutions based on user needs by leveraging knowledge of data sources, reporting best practices and tool capabilities.
2. Actively participates in requirement meetings with end-users to understand BI analytical and reporting needs.
3. Assists in the rollout, maintenance and ongoing administration of BI analytical and reporting solutions.
4. Creates documentation including, but not limited to, standards, design, functional and technical specifications, disaster recovery plans, etc.
5. Writes complex structured query language (SQL).
6. Provides project oversight on assignments of less experienced BI Specialists and off shore vendors.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. 7+ years of business intelligence experience or related work.
2. Demonstrated expertise and experience in IBM Cognos tools.
3. Demonstrated expertise in the understanding of complex relational databases.
4. Proven ability to manage/plan multiple tasks on an extended basis and within deliverable time frames.
5. Proven ability to perform problem solving activities.
6. Demonstrated customer focus and proven ability to work both within a team environment and independently.
7. Proven ability to write complex SQLs.
8. Demonstrated excellent oral and written skills.
9. Demonstrated expertise and/or experience with Windows operating system and architecture.
10. Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or commensurate experience.
11. Valid driver's license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing, and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
• Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail, etc.
• Ability to respond to emergency service calls at any time outside of normally assigned work hours.
• Ability to travel as required.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield Insurance.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at www.westfieldinsurance.com
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.