Brooksource's private healthcare client is looking for a BI Applications / System Administrator to join their BI team in the northwest suburbs of Chicago. This individual will start on a 6 month contract to full time hire, the full time conversion is expected to be shortly after the initial 6 month contract duration.
- Administration: Supports and administers the Business Objects and Tableau Server environments.
- Monitoring: Uses Application Performance Monitoring tools to evaluate and take real time actions to ensure continuity of internal reporting environment
- Capacity Planning: Utilizes monitoring tools and analytics to evaluate BI application capacity and plans for growth.
- Upgrades: Provides technical support, testing, and implementation of software upgrades for BI applications.
- Maintenance and Recovery: Coordinates and executes maintenance plans inclusive of system backups and restarts. Develops disaster recovery plans and checklists.
- Support: Provides day to day support for business questions related to BI applications.
- Security: Develops and applies security protocols for BI applications.
- Performance Tuning: Evaluates, recommends, and implements improvements to Tableau Dashboards, Business Objects reports, and overall server environments.
- Team player: Works closely with other functional areas and overseas resources to accomplish team objectives.
- At least 4 years of experience in Tableau and Business Objects report development
- At least 3 years of experience in Tableau and/or Business Objects application administration
- Experience leading and conducting Business Objects and/or Tableau server upgrades and maintenance activities
- Demonstrated proficiency for working in fast paced work environments in a matrixed organization
- Demonstrated proficiency for resolving system performance and capacity issues
- Demonstrated experience working with infrastructure, network, DBA, and development teams within an IT organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required
- Ability to self-direct and accomplish objectives as part of larger project teams
- Familiarity with SSO and various user authentication protocols is preferred
- Familiarity with Java web applications is preferred
- Experience with Tableau Prep is preferred
- Strong SQL skills are preferred
- Experience with Metadata Management tools is preferred
- A minimum Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related Information Technology field.
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.