LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the world's largest plastics, chemical and refining companies and a member of the S&P 500. LyondellBasell (www.lyondellbasell.com) manufactures products at 55 sites in 17 countries. LyondellBasell products and technologies are used to make items that improve the quality of life for people around the world including; packaging, electronics, automotive parts, home furnishings, construction materials and biofuels.
LyondellBasell's Bayport Complex is a group of manufacturing facilities located 25 miles south of downtown Houston in the Bayport Industrial District in Harris County adjacent to both La Porte and Pasadena, Texas. The complex consists of three manufacturing sites that produce polypropylene, propylene oxide, tertiary butyl alcohol, ethylene oxide, and derivatives. The complex comprises over 1100 employees and contractors, encompasses an area over 800 acres, and manufactures over 8 billion pounds a year of products.
The Bayport Mechanical Maintenance Engineer is experienced and knowledgeable in the design and maintenance of fixed and rotating equipment. The role is part of the Bayport Reliability Group supporting continuous reliability and plant performance improvement at the PO/TBA manufacturing site. Working in a team environment, it carries responsibility for implementing reliability best practices, developing and optimizing preventive maintenance tasks, and supporting maintenance activities. The position interacts with other technical groups on site (process engineering, capital project, and maintenance groups), corporate technical networks and peers, and vendors/suppliers as needed to resolve problems and improve plant safety and reliability performance. This is a direct hire position with competitive base salary, bonus, 401K matching, benefits package, pension plan, and employee discounts.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Monitor equipment performance and make improvement recommendations
- Apply data analysis techniques to develop engineering solutions to repetitive failures and other problems that adversely affect plant operations including safety, environmental, capacity, quality, cost, and regulatory compliance issues
- Consult with peers at the site and across the company
- Provide technical support/expertise within your discipline in the design and installation stages of projects for new assets and modification of existing assets to minimize life cycle cost and maximize asset availability
- Participate in the evaluation of equipment and technical service providers.
- Lead and participate in incident investigations and root cause analysis
- Manage risk to the achievement of the organization's strategic objectives in the areas of environmental health and safety, asset capability, quality, and production
- Systematically define, design, develop, monitor, and refine an asset maintenance plan that includes:
- Value-added preventive maintenance tasks
- Effective utilization of predictive condition monitoring and other non-destructive testing methodologies to proactively identify potential reliability issues
- Apply value analysis to repair/replace/redesign decisions
- Provide technical support to production, maintenance, project, and process engineering groups
- A Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or other applicable discipline from an accredited university
- 4 years minimum relevant experience in fixed and rotating equipment design, installation, and maintenance in the refining, petrochemical, chemical process, or power generation industries
- Ability to drive continuous safety and reliability improvements in equipment installations and work processes
- Ability to manage multiple/changing priorities
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing with internal and external clients
- Strong commitment to safety, a high level of personal integrity, and dedication to conducting business in an ethical way
- Basic proficiency in the following areas with the ability to develop into a subject matter expert in particular areas:
- Knowledge of applicable industry codes and standards (i.e. ASME, API, ANSI)
- Rotating equipment (pumps, steam turbines, centrifugal and reciprocating compressors, blowers, gearboxes)
- Fixed equipment (piping, flange make-up, pressure vessels, heat exchangers)
- Machinery diagnostics and repair
- Component Failure analysis
- Root cause analysis
- Reliability data analysis
- RCM based Predictive and Preventive Maintenance strategies
- Ability to apply computer software tools (SAP, Microsoft Office, Meridium)
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.