6 month contract to hire role.
- Work with product owners and other development team members to determine new features and user stories needed in new/revised application.
- Participate in code reviews with peers and managers to ensure that each increment adheres to original vision as described in the user story and all standard resource libraries and architecture patterns as appropriate.
- Be an actively member of an Agile team. Participate in all team ceremonies including planning, grooming, product demonstration and team retrospectives.
- Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test, and promote new or updated features.
- Respond to trouble/support calls for applications in production in order to make quick repair to keep application in production.
- Create or update documentation in support of development efforts. Documents may include detailed specifications, implementation guides, architecture diagrams or design documents.
- Set up and configure a continuous integration environment.
- Intermediate proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, Java Script, Groovy, etc.).
- Intermediate proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis.
- Intermediate proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions.
- Intermediate proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
- Intermediate proficiency in applying behavior-driven testing techniques.
- 6+ years of experience of development using Java, JEE and Spring Boot Framework, Spring ecosystem,
- At least 2 years of experience with application integrations (SOAP/REST Web Services, API Backend RESTful Microservices, File/Data transfers, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of OAuth and Rest API to integrate middleware with Authentication and Authorization services
- 2 Years with Amazon knowledge - AWS Beanstalk, Lambda (JS), Postgresql databases (or other databases)
- Knowledge and experience with CI/CD with knowledge of Git Hub, Maven and Jenkins.
- Expertise and ability to lead complex architecture and design white-boarding sessions.
- Experience in object modeling, designing data models and database schemas, and solving scalability issues.
- Excellent problem solving and verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to actively participate and contribute to design, planning and execution
- Knowledge of UNIX (Linux) environment and scripting (bash, shell and python)
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology
- Continuous learner - proven skills development along the career path
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Back end Restful service using Spring Boot
- Agile environment
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
Minimum years of experience
- 5-6+ years of related experience
Specialized knowledge and skills
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Cloud technologies (AWS)
- API programming
- Databases (general(
- Knowledge in designing and architecting solutions for complex backend systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in working with Agile teams