Los Angeles, CA 90006
6+ Month Contract
Schedule:7:30am - 4:30pm
This position is responsible for conducting day to day support of the Deposit Operations department. Key responsibilities include the following: ACH processing including Unauthorized ACH claims, Deposit Return Item & EARNS notification processing. Additional duties include Hold callback, FAST/Image ATM/Bank by Mail review, SQN data signature capture, and research request. Colleague will represent the department to both internal and external clients in response to inquiries and requests.
Banking and Investment Services Division
As a member of the Banking & Investment Services group, you will be part of the essential central operations and back-end hub for all of the bank's lines of business.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED - Must-Have*
- H.S. Diploma
- Minimum 1 year of branch or back office banking experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of experience with Outlook and Microsoft Office Applications.
- Must be able to work in an accurate and effective manner in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Exercise good judgment in making decisions that impact client accounts and City National Bank operations.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented
- Ability to multi-task while maintaining a high level of quality and efficiency
- Requires knowledge of complex Bank products/processes and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Good working knowledge of IBS Insight, Vsoft, Synergy, Exceptions Desktop or equivalent experience.
- Strong communications skills to handle complicated or sensitive information to clients, account officers or other outside parties.
- Thorough knowledge of features of a check and characteristics of fraudulent items.
- Good understanding of Reg CC funds availability policies.
- Experience processing ACH transactions.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment that demands strong organizational, technical and interpersonal skills.
- Responsible for performing the following day to day processes including Unauthorized ACH claims and Death Notification Entries.
- Responsible for the following day to day processes: Hold Callback, Fast Deposit review. ACH filters, NOCs, swaps, create Deposit Services daily/monthly reports and daily QA.
- Responsible for processing research request for check copies, statements, deposits/offsets and wires. These request are received via the ASAP system and directly from Compliance Support and must be resolved in compliance with the stated SLA's on the ASAP request or from Compliance Support. This includes faxing, emailing or mailing out hard copies of the information requested. Responsible for providing the corresponding images for the daily CTR reports to Compliance Support.
- Responsible for processing Fee Reversal request we receive via the ASAP system. Colleague will perform research as necessary to confirm the fee reversal request is accurate. Once the fee has been validated the reversal is processed on the SIMON system.
- Responsible for processing the Deposited Return Items chargeback report including Return Item Special Instructions, the EARNS notification report, the Duplicate Item report and the SSA report.
- Responsible for processing SQN data signature card maintenance including copying of clients signatures, updating client profiles and adding account messages as appropriate. Also responsible for processing various SQN related reports as well as adding/deleting Client Authorization letters from the server.
- Provide a high level of customer service to both internal and external clients by providing accurate and concise information. Make wise informed decisions within the guidelines of bank policy, department procedures and check requirements for negotiability.
- Provide feedback and update supervisor regarding trends observed while working queues or reviewing reports. Ability to complete assigned duties timely and efficiently with minimal supervision.