- Assist employees with benefits enrollment, administer the Evidence of Insurability process and respond to employee benefit inquires
- Key contributor to benefits management and administration to assure compliance with regulations and benefit plans in U.S. and Canada.
- Participate in the benefit strategy review and renewal process planning.
- Maintain up-to-date understanding of Valent H&W and 401k benefit plan options and conduct new hire benefits orientations; timely follow up with employees if not enrolled within 31 days.
- Manage H&W benefits administration & timely respond and resolve pending benefit enrollments, changes, terminations, COBRA enrollment, dependent verification, beneficiary updates to assure compliance with plan documents and regulations.
- Monthly processing of Canadian benefits including RRSP for benefits manager review and approval to assure compliance and timely and accurate processing.
- Monitor leave of absence processing by 3rd party leave management firm; process VHRs for payroll to stop/start pay upon LOA and return from LOA to assure accurate employee salary payments and leave of absence payments by fully insured STD/LTD carrier and review coordination of company 3rd party disability payments with state mandated disability payments.
- Maintain 401k and retirement plan compliance by timely and accurately processing funding requests for benefits manager approval.
- BS degree and minimum 5 years HR experience including benefits administration experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills to respond to employee benefits inquiries and respond verbally or in writing.
- Computer proficiency including the ability to create and maintain complex excel files; Microsoft office suite; HRIS and benefits administration data base experience.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to complete time sensitive activities and projects.
- Willingness and ability to travel
This is an immediate need and the manager is seeking to set up interviews and make a hiring decision ASAP. For immediate consideration, please email your resume in Word format, along with the best time and number to reach you.