Job Title: Big Data Developer
The Big Data Team of a leader in providing of software, tools and strategies for preventing online fraud
is seeking a highly motivated Big Data Developer with hands-on big data development and some big data infrastructure administration experience. The incumbent will report to Director of Big Data (DBD) and will work toward implementing initiatives proposed by DBD pertinent to Big Data infrastructure, operations, maintenance and applications. The candidate will work on the collecting, storing, processing, and analyzing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. This position will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
- Collaborate with internal business partners on big data projects
- Utilize technical expertise in Hadoop applications development
- Evaluate new big data tools, frameworks and technologies, explore Proof of Concept (POC) to identify optimum solutions for requested capabilities
- Ensure holistic understanding of the BIG DATA Ecosystem
- Install, maintain, and administer software on Linux servers (Some Admin Tasks)
- Automate manual processes using tools such as Python, Unix Shell (bash, ksh) etc.
- Monitor Big Data Application/Infrastructure Performance and availability
- Implement ETL processes from various data sources to Hadoop cluster
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the following:
- Developing big data applications using Python/Java, Unix Shell (bash, ash), SQL etc.
- Big Data Components/Frameworks such as Hadoop (MapR), Spark, Yarn, Kafka, Flink etc.
- NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, MapR DB
- Big Data querying tools such as Drill, Presto, Hive etc
- Infrastructure automation tools e.g. Chef, Ansible
- Monitoring tools like Grafana, Splunk etc
- Monitoring Application/Infrastructure Performance and availability.
- Experience or understanding of developing applications in a distributed environment.
- Development tools such as GIT
- Familiarity with collaboration tools such as Jira and Confluence or similar tools.
- Containerization (Docker) and resource scheduling (Kubernetes)
**If this is not a fit for you or you are not interested, Ascent Services Group offers an excellent Referral Bonus! We look forward to hearing from you!
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!