$125,000.00 to $145,000.00 per year
Title:Sr. Big Data Engineer nbsp;
Location: nbsp;Playa Vista, CA nbsp;
Target Salary: nbsp;$125,000-$145,000/year nbsp;
Benefits: nbsp;M/D/V - 401k - Competitive Compensation Structure with Stock nbsp;
Are you excited about high performance Big Data implementation? Then great! The Rubicon Project is growing, and we need Big Data software developers who are thorough and agile, capable of breaking down and solving problems, and have a strong will to get things done. In the Data Operations team you will work on real-world problems working on big data tech stack where reliability, accuracy and speed are paramount, take responsibility for your systems end-to-end and influence the direction of our technology that impacts customers around the world.
We are looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer with both conceptual and hands-on experience working on big data processing and streaming frameworks; RDBMS and NoSQL data stores.
As a member of our Data Services team you will be a member of a service group responsible for continuing organizational expansion of our data processing projects. Ideal candidate must be enthused about all spectrum of big data development, including data transport, data processing, data warehouse/ETL integration, quick learning and self-starting. This is a demanding role that will require hands-on experience with big data processing development to be deployed on Linux. You will be responsible for the day to day operation and new developments. We are seeking a candidate with good skills in software development life cycle, build data services with Java (or Scala), script languages, like, Python etc.
What you will be doing:
- Design, develop and support various big data platforms applications, using supported tech stack technologies like Hadoop MR, Spark, Kafka, Druid, ETL and data warehouse applications integration
- Develop applications with Java/Scala, Spark programming languages and Big Data technology; including the script languages (Python, shell etc.) to wrap applications execution.
- Involved in the design and implementation of full cycle of data services, from data transportation, data processing, ETL to data delivery for reporting
- Identify, troubleshoot and resolve production data integrity and performance issues
What we look for:
- Strong experience using Java 7 or above
- One or more of the following data processing technologies: Hadoop Map Reduce, Spark, Kafka Streams, Flink, Storm, Apache Beam.
- Kafka (preferred) OR one of the mainstream queue systems: ZeroMQ, RabbitMQ, ActiveMQ
- working directly against RDMS and Data Warehousing (Strong SQL)
- PowerMock, Mockito or similar
- Writing tech specs and documentation
- Linux bash scripting
Great if you have:
- Experience with some of the following AWS tools: EMR, Kinesis, Firehose, Redshift, RDS, S3 API, Lambda, SQS
- Experience with Presto, Hive, Impala or similar SQL based engine for Big Data
- Experience with Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB or similar NoSQL databases.
- Scala, Python
- Experience with any of the following message / file formats: Parquet, Avro, Protocol Buffer
***For IMMEDIATE and confidential consideration, please EMAIL resume to Landon Barfoot at [email protected] nbsp;Technology doesn't change the world. People do.
As a technology staffing firm, we can't think of a more fitting mantra. We're extreme believers in technology and the incredible things it can do. But we know that behind every smart piece of software, every powerful processor, and every brilliant line of code is an even more brilliant person. Leader among IT staffing agencies
The intersection of technology and people it's where we live. Backed by more than 65 years of experience, Robert Half Technology is a leader among IT staffing agencies. Whether you're looking to hire experienced technology talent or find the best technology jobs, we are your IT expert to call.
We understand not only the art of matching people, but also the science of technology. We use a proprietary matching tool that helps our staffing professionals connect just the right person to just the right job. And our network of industry connections and strategic partners remains unmatched.
Apply for this job now or contact our branch office at 888-490-4429 to learn more about this position.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2019 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
$125,000.00 - $145,000.00 /Year
Engineering & Aerospace, IT & Technical, Creative & Design