Bioinformatics Analyst: Location: Duration:
We are seeking a senior Bioinformatics Analyst to join the Pathology department at one of the largest academic medical centers in the Northeastern United States. This role will encompass working with independent design and innovation in algorithm development, data analysis, quality assurance/system testing, and user interface/report development.
If you are an individual who has the desire to make an impact on medical care, with a focus on cancer care, through providing innovative molecular and cytogenetic diagnostic services, please apply below
• Design and apply bioinformatics algorithms using tumor sequencing data, building data models and databases to aid in analysis of genetic data
• Analyze data quality and integrity from existing algorithms as part of the specimen tracking process
• Analyze large molecular data sets of tumor sequencing data, working closely with faculty and staff to recommend technology-based solutions and strategies
• Modify and develop new data visualization tools for the analysis and management of biological data
• Provide customer support for Pathology staff, and work with Pathology leadership on research collaborations for internal/external investigators
• Bachelors degree in Biology, MS preferred, in bioinformatics, computer sciences, and or life/sciences Molecular Genetics, Bioinformatics, or related field
• 3+ years of relevant experience
Nice to Have:
• Familiarity with Perl/Python or Java, C/C++, statistical programming using R, web-development, and database query through SQL
• Strong understanding of principles of experimental design
• Experience in modern data analysis paradigms
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.