South San Francisco, CA
Initial 1-year contract (w2 only) most likely to extend up to 3years based on performance & business need
- The candidate will perform data management and curation tasks to support biomarker discovery and companion diagnostic development efforts in the Development Sciences department. In the process of performing this work, the candidate will communicate extensively with scientists, research associates, operations managers, clinical data managers, analysts and vendor representatives.
- Duties could include:
- Working with biomarker operations managers and biometrics colleagues to draft data transfer specifications and statements of work.
- Acquiring and QCing biomarker data files from internal groups and external vendors. Capturing data in internal file systems and databases.
- Monitoring data processing requests and submitting data files to analysis pipelines
- Merging different data biomarker types with clinical data to generate analysis-ready data sets
- Curating and cataloguing biomarker data sets, maintaining listings of available data, and distributing to collaborators
- Maintaining and curating content of internal knowledge sharing repositories
- Familiarity working in a Linux computing environment
- Proficiency in a scripting language such as Perl or Python
- Experience managing and curating biological or clinical data
- Relational databases and SQL
- Statistical software packages such as R or SAS
- Clinical trial data management
- Working with genomics datasets
- Setting up and maintaining online content management systems or wikis
- Soft skills needed: Careful, detail-oriented working style, Outstanding communication, collaboration, and problem solving skills
- Master's degree in bioinformatics, biostatistics, statistics with4+ years of related experience
- IF only has a Bachelor's degree in a life science or statistical field will need at least 7-10 years of experience working in a quantitative biosciences position