The Plant Engineering (PE) Co-op will assist in the administration of service contracts for the protection of UPS assets, facilities, equipment and grounds. He/She will assist with maintaining facility environmental compliance, conveyor, housekeeping and facility safety. The PE co-op will provide small project support in developing AutoCAD layouts and maintaining as built AutoCAD files for Project work. PE co-op will also support Facility Engineers in assembling bid packages and scope of work for small projects and develop and maintain a Project Tracking Tool for Facility Engineering staff.
Assists in the Support of Automated Systems
- Performs data queries and develops reports on the performance of automated systems.
- Performs studies and tests on automated systems.
- Assists with commissioning of new systems.
- Assists with parts inventory.
Supports Facility Maintenance and Housekeeping Operations
- Assists with contract administration with vendors to protect physical assets, facility and equipment maintenance, and facility housekeeping to ensure a safe, clean, and efficient facility.
- Establish/update Contract administration data base and provides reporting to PE staff on contract compliance.
Assists with Maintaining Compliance
- Participates in Facility Asset Protection environmental audits (e.g., Damaged Materials Program/Environmental Facility Audits) to maintain asset integrity.
Administration Support on Small PE Projects
- Provide support on cost estimate and alternatives, schedule, drawings, vendor list, and feasibility study to District Real Estate and Facilities Committee (REFCO) for project approval.
- Help assemble bid documents and project manuals and sends bid package to approved contractors to obtain project estimates.
- Develop and assemble weekly Project Status Report for local Facility Engineering staff.
Manages Project Documents and Fund Allocations
- Manages conceptual CAD drawings, as built drawings, emergency evacuation plans and data for projects and to maintain records for future project plans and for legal purposes.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law