Title of Job: Business Analyst
We are hiring a Business Analyst for our Fortune 500 healthcare client in Ontario, CA. This position would be a telecommute position due to pandemic.
Schedule / Hours: Monday-Friday / 7:30am-4:30pm
Status: Full Time
Location: Ontario, CA
Effective Date / Tentative Start Date: Interviewing Immediately
Position will be responsible for Medical Management reporting and Health Plan reporting, which includes on schedule release of reports, report running, QA and modifications as identified. Setting up authorization rules, letters and system configuration.
Day-to-day activities include, but are not limited to, all the essential functions listed below:
- Responsible for routine scheduled Medical Management reports, including accuracy, modifications as needed and timely delivery.
- Operational reports
- Health Plan reports
- Responsible for development and delivery of special Health Plan report requests for auditing purposes that are in addition to the standard reporting requirements.
- Responsible maintaining operational Medical Management and Health Plan reports.
- Work with customers to troubleshoot and resolve any errors or discrepancies identified when reviewing distributed reports.
- Supports the Medical Management Department through the management and interpretation of data, project management, process improvement activities and group facilitation.
- Responsible for gathering, analyzing and reporting on data in support of business cases, proposed projects and utilization requirements.
- Interprets key data and presents in a clear and concise manner.
- Schedule and/or meet with internal and/or external customers in order to gather report requirements and data analysis needs.
- Works with management in analysis requiring expertise in Utilization Management.
- Develop and maintain job aides for department training as related to the department responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What qualifications do I need to have?
- High School diploma required.
- Experienced in using the following: Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
- SQL Management Studio query writing/running skills preferred.
- Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (Example: Familiarity with spreadsheet applications such as Excel and/or Access.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, ICD10, CPT, HCPC codes
- Familiarity with Capitated and FFS contract interpretations
- Requires strong analytical, critical thinking and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Requires intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Access to include database management, data extracts and queries.
- Proficiency in preparing reports via collection of data, staff and client interviews and report generation
- Excellent practical knowledge in importing data for use in software and spreadsheets
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Must be flexible, well organized, self–starter and a team player
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Ability to work well with people with varying degrees of technical experience
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to facilitate groups, meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Logical and efficient with a keen attention to detail
- Physical Demands
- AA or higher degree in education or business/administration preferred.
- Two + years of experience in the managed care industry preferred.
- One to three years of business analysis experience preferred.
- SAP Crystal report application preferred.
What Will My Day Look Like?
- We offer a competitive weekly salary and an opportunity for ongoing development that will further your career in the healthcare industry.
- Participate in various projects to help you grow in your career path in the fast-paced healthcare industry.
- You, your team and your manager will share goals, customer feedback and metrics to help you reach all of your weekly goals.
- Attend staff meetings and participate in discussions
- Required to maintain confidentiality and security of documents.
The CSI Companies is a recruiting firm established in 1994 that has been awarded “Best of Staffing” for 5 years in a row. We provide outstanding services to the world’s leaders in the healthcare field as well as other organizations. For consideration, please submit your resume with all of your relevant experience included on it for immediate consideration. Only those candidates identified for an interview will be contacted.
- Weekly pay
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Voluntary Life and AD&D coverage
- Paid Training
- Opportunity for advancement upon performance and availability
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.