Foster City, CA
6+ Month Contract
This role will be focused on managing the content of the knowledge platform (as opposed to managing the platform itself). Heavy focus on the business side of the project, partnering in a matrix environment. The goal of the Knowledge Management team is to harness the best of our staff's individual and collective expertise and make it available to our global client-facing organization. The ideal candidate has a deep expertise in the creation, upkeep, and promotion of relevant content for our new Knowledge Management platform.
- Using metadata structure to tag and upload content to the platform; review content submissions to ensure adherence to guidelines and ensure there is no sensitive information on the platform; continuously audit content to ensure relevant content is available to end users; archive out of date or duplicate content; partner with SMEs to fill in missing metadata
- Create landing pages to organize information on the platform
- Manage shared mailbox and answer user questions
- Identify global content priorities and work as a team to help capture and codify relevant materials and minimize redundancies in content creation globally.
- Enforce the usage of standardized document templates for consistent look and feel globally
- Create and run Google Analytics reports to help understand tool usage and adoption
- Manage relationship with IT partners to provide ongoing feedback loop and ensure system enhancements are implemented
- BA or BS degree required
- 2-3+ years of relevant experience, supporting Knowledge Management or Information projects
- Priority is on business skills over technical skills.
- Exception communication skills, working with cross-functional teams, creative problem solver.
- Background in knowledge management/ library science (preferably on a global scale).
- Experience working with metadata.
- Highly preferred but not required: front end/web development skills/knowledge.
- Proven success in cross-functional projects to drive global results and consistency
- Ability to effectively collect, maintain, and track data from multiple sources with a strong attention to detail with a passion for quality
- Demonstrated track record of driving results in a highly matrixed business model
- Experience with Salesforce, Google Analytics and/or an enhanced search engine preferred