Here at Discount Tire, we celebrate the spirit of our people with extraordinary pride and enthusiasm. Our business has been growing for more than 55 years and now is the best time in our history to join us. We recognize that to remain the industry leader we must continue to grow and evolve our business in a rapidly changing industry. We are achieving this, not only by opening new stores, but by transforming our technological landscape and making data a central component of our strategy. The Business Analytics team, one of the fastest growing teams in the company, is leading this change. We are responsible for driving the insights, recommendations, and developing the decision support tools that influence the strategic direction of the company.
As a Business Analyst - Real Estate, your work, whether it is modeling business scenarios, tracking performance metrics or translating deep analytic insights into business solutions, is used by our senior leadership to make strategic company decisions. Your focus will be to support the Real Estate development team to perform market strategy analysis, site performance analysis, as well as engage with brokers and regional leadership throughout the site selection process. A master juggler working on multiple projects at a time, you are focused on the details while finding creative ways to take on big picture challenges.
We are looking for someone that with the analytical rigor and strategic thinking to drive out business forward. This is an exciting role that provides full analytical support to the Real Estate development team as well as offering scope for leadership of individual analytical projects.
You are an analyst who wants to make your mark on a successful and growing team, and who wants to further develop already strong analytical skills. You are an excellent communicator who enjoys collaborating with people who possess a diverse set of talents. You are a strong time manager and are able to prioritize effectively while creating space for original thinking and thoughtful analysis to support our executives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides insights and strategic direction to key stakeholder; applies methodologies to future strategic decisions, including, but not limited to capital purchases/investments and budgets or future site selection or store/regional performance.
- Designs and executes scenarios and analyses to evaluate impact of business decisions; including, but not limited to heat maps or Net present Value (NPV) analysis; develops future market strategy; communicates findings to stakeholders.
- Frame and structure solutions, analyze data, and apply critical thinking to make recommendations for future site selections.
- Engage and communicate with a national base of real-estate brokers to perform site assessments.
- Analyzing sites to project future performance and impact to existing stores.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with real Estate, Construction, Finance, and Operations' teams.
- Researches and analyzes key business drivers, competitive environment, opportunities, trends, and operating metrics based on data; formulates business direction in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders; ensures insight can be leveraged for future business decisions.
- Executes quantitative analyses and advanced modeling; translates data into actionable insights.
- Designs, develops, and delivers analytical solutions, resulting in decision support or models; communicates findings to stakeholders.
- Develops predictive modeling to assess future scenarios.
- Conducts statistical analysis to formulate conclusions and recommendations based on data.
- Communicates complex and technical results of analysis to stakeholders.
- Stays current on the latest industry technologies, techniques, trends and strategies.
- Assists employees, vendors, or other customers by answering questions related to Data Analysis processes, procedures, and services.
- Completes work in a timely and accurate manner while providing exceptional customer service.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position requires a minimum of three years' experience conducting operations, product and financial analysis and developing insight using regression models and statistical analysis.
- Experience with GIS tools preferred.
- Excellent quantitative and problem solving skills are vital.
- Create heat maps, collaborating with other analysts to develop future marketing strategy.
- Proficient in popular modeling tool sets for cluster analysis and advanced predictive modeling is required.
- The ability to frame solutions to complex problems is crucial.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is needed.
- Proficient in SQL with the ability to read and write queries is required.
- Experience with statistical tools such as R or SAS is preferred.
- Experience with front-end reportings tools such as MicroStrategy is preferred.
- Experience working with senior level executive leadership is preferred.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of the organization is necessary; must be able to clearly articulate technical ideas to a non-technical audience both verbally and in writing.
- Business acumen with knowledge and understanding of business issues, priorities, goals, and strategy is necessary.
- Domain knowledge in retail, manufacturing, store operations, automotive, real estate or services is helpful.
- The ability to multi-task, and manage multiple projects to meet various deadlines simultaneously is required.
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure, accurately meet deadlines, present a professional demeanor and work well independently is essential.
- Customer service skills, including the ability to manage and respond to different customer situations while maintaining a positive and friendly attitude are essential.
- Maintaining confidentiality, treating others with respect, and upholding Company values are key attributes.
- In addition, organizational and problem solving skills, a can-do attitude, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements are essential.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Mathematical Sciences, Finance, Economics, or related or equivalent experience is required.
- Master's in a quantitative degree or MBA strongly preferred.
Normal work days are Monday through Friday. Occasional Saturdays and Sundays may be necessary.
Normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (more than forty hours per week) may be necessary.
Preference will be given to local candidates. No staffing agencies. Salary range is dependent on experience.