Job Title : Business Analyst-Trade Senior
Location : Hopkins, MN
Duration : 06 months with possible extension
Tentative Start Date : ASAP/ 2-weeks
Business Analyst-Trade Senior -2019 (Hot)
» Business Analyst
» Business Requirements
» Change Management
» Design Specifications
» Functional Design Documents
» Process Mapping
» Systems & Process Design
» Use Case Scenarios
Title: Trade Senior Business Analyst-2019
Dept: Global IT Business Applications - North America IT Trade Portfolio
Contract Position: 6 months contract with potential for extension after the initial term.
Location: Hopkins, MN - 9320 Building --NO Remote
Location Note: No relocation expense allowance
Travel Requirements: Potential minimal travel
Interview Process: The initial interviews will be in person when possible-Local person preferred.
Bill Rate: Please submit candidates at a Best Market Rate
Questions: Please contact the onsite DAHL program team with any questions
This position will work closely with our business partners in commodity supply, demand, and trade solutions. As a member of the North America IT Trade Portfolio team, the position will deliver supported,
sustainable capabilities and tools for end-to-end physical and financial trading processes.
A prime candidate will be an experienced professional in systems & process design who will develop and provide quality and solid system designs and solutions to solve various business requirements. This
position will deliver effective presentations and solution walk-through to audiences of all sizes utilizing strong communication skills and requires an experienced analyst who can partner effectively with all
levels of the organization, lead others, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.
Minimum Required Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or Management Information Systems; OR 4 years equivalent experience.
• 5 years experience in diverse operational, development and/or business roles.
• 3 years of intermediate general business analysis experience, across various businesses and project types (including custom software development, COTS and SAAS implementation, O&M support).
• 3 years of intermediate experience in Use Case diagramming, Business Process Modeling (BPM) and User Stories development.
• Experience collaborating with regional and global project teams to define business requirements and deliver solutions that meet business goals.
• Experience in developing integrated solutions involving process, data, and technology.
• Experience with business case development.
• Strong analytical skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into application and operational requirements.
• Leadership and interpersonal skills including teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
• Ability to influence peers and leadership stakeholders.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate technical and business information effectively to both technical and non-technical people.
• Excellent project management, planning and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new technologies.
• Experienced working with ambiguity.
• Established skills in identifying and developing strategies to address change management issues.
• Business fluency in English.
• Knowledge and interest in commodity supply, demand, and trade solutions.
• Knowledge of Agile experience in a Scrum setting.
• Experience with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
• Familiarity with Business Analyst Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
• Experience working in a business role including mergers and acquisitions.
• Experience with in-house developed and package implementations.
• Knowledge of and experience with Change Management.
Analysis & Requirements Gathering
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Elicit functional and non-functional (performance, availability, security, accessibility, cross-browser compliance) requirements using a methodology most appropriate for the context of each project, such as
Joint Requirements Planning (JRP), Joint Application Development (JAD), Agile Scrum.
• Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and
distinguish user/stakeholder requests from underlying 'value add' needs.
• Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal stakeholders to analyze information needs and functional requirements and deliver the following artifacts as needed: Business
Requirements Document, Use Cases, Epics/Stories, Screen and Interface Designs.
• Facilitate requirements discussions with key stakeholders.
• Communicate and clarify the requirements to the design and development resources. Assist in translating business requirements into functional design specifications.
• Clarify, update, and improve the business processes impacted by the technology changes that are part of assigned projects.
• Participate in the evaluation of system changes for downstream system and/or organizational impacts.
• Plan for acceptance of solution (change management, communication, training needs).
• Create solution designs across process, data, and technology that meet business requirements and adhere to relevant standards and principles, leverage common tools and processes, and meet cost/delivery
• Consider in the design, the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
• Perform reviews with key stakeholders throughout the design lifecycle to ensure alignment on solution designs and requirements. This may include but is not limited to the following activities: design reviews,
testing execution, deployment verifications, customer satisfaction reviews, etc.
• Create supporting solution design documentation to ensure sustainment of the solution and business capability, support solution implementation as necessary.
• Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs.
• Be the liaison between the business, technology teams and support teams.
• Provide guidance on solution options and business partner decision making to minimize the amount of project investment divergence from target architecture.
• Work with businesses to establish clear connections between business goals and strategies and the process data, and technology investments required to achieve them.
• Challenge and assist business units on their assumptions of how they will successfully execute their plans.
• Create and maintain working relationships with technology teams, functional counterparts, vendors and business partners.
• Engage and influence business sponsors and users and contribute to their targeted business outcomes.
• Effectively engages stakeholders in change management activities.
• Champion collaboration and enable delivery in team environment.
Project Delivery Responsibilities
• Manage workload and priorities to deliver agreed upon project milestones.
• Provides input to staffing plans at the project-level to identify key / required skills.
• Ensure traceability from business requirements through application testing and work with offshore development and QA teams clarifying requirements.
• Holds project team resources accountable to their deliverables and ensures project execution.
• Prepare high and detailed level estimations of effort in order to achieve a preferred solution. Provide guidance and oversight during requirements, design, build, and test phases.