Job Title: Business Analyst
Location: Midtown, NYC
Job Type: Contract
Duration: Long term
Contact Info: Steve LoBasso - [email protected] - 201-786-2420
● The Business Analyst has primary responsibility to be the functional subject matter expert for the current Program Tracking System and the future state Wide Orbit Programming System.
● He/she will collaborate with all Business stakeholders to understand the business process workflows and strategy.
● The Business Analyst will help define the project implementation objectives and deliverables according to approved project frameworks, including both Agile and traditional project management approaches.
● He/she must be able to take an active leadership role in working with technical resources in IT to develop, implement and maintain solutions to meet the current and future strategy.
● Finally, the Business Analyst must be able to identify issues proactively, resolve conflicts, escalate if necessary, and work across the organization to execute the project.
Business Analyst Duties and Responsibilities:
● Facilitate and participate in requirements gathering and design sessions
● Create requirements definition documentation and functional specifications
● Develop future state business process flows detailing key business processes as planned in the new system
● Develop use cases to support application, design, development, testing and training
● Assist in the development of training documentation in conjunction with the vendor
● Assist in development of detailed test plans in conjunction with the quality assurance team
● Partner with the QA team to ensure full testing and verification of all functionality documented in business requirements. Provide guidance on the functionality where required to ensure full understanding of the areas to be tested.
● Review software and reporting after delivery of items in business requirements in order to ensure that the delivered product meets the requirements
● Assist in data conversion and migration planning and documentation in conjunction with the MTS teams
● Participate in the migration and conversion testing from the legacy system to the new system
● Validate and Obtain Sign-Off on Functional Requirements/Specifications and Solution Designs
● Track and report on project progress against BA defined requirements throughout project life cycle.
● Assist project managers in the day-to-day aspects of managing projects, such as developing project plans, communicating to team members, managing the project schedule, developing and posting status reports, and checking on the quality and timeliness of work.
● Provides ongoing support by responding to basic inquiries regarding specific implemented systems or processes and facilitating the necessary troubleshooting.
● Understand and follow the project management frameworks for project delivery.
● Facilitate the creation of well-defined business requirements and a functionality backlog.
● Assist in Sprint and Release planning and management.
● Developing level of effort estimates for development.
● Coordinate participation of different tech and business groups in requirements gathering, specifications, design, development and implementation of key projects.
● Identify and report all project risks and issues identified during engagement.
● Assist in establishing contingency plans and corrective action
● Report weekly status on progress of all tasks assigned
● Participate in all status and steering committee meetings as requested