Title: Business Analyst
Location: Newport Beach, CA- REMOTE
One of our enterprise investment firms is seeking a Business Analyst to join on contract as one of their employees prepares for maternity leave. Candidates who possess a Bachelor’s Degree, prior Financial Services industry experience and strong exposure to tools like MS Excel, Salesforce, Python, R, and SQL will be an excellent fit. Please reach out or apply with you current resume for more details!
The Asset Information team is responsible for establishing and maintaining proprietary reference data warehouse. The team utilizes a variety of vendors and sources including Bloomberg, Markit, MSCI and Reuters as well as offering documents to ensure the accurate population of security and issuer level data. The Asset Information teams other core responsibilities include answering complex product related inquiries, performing data integrity analysis, ad hoc research projects and working with development teams to further expand and enhance our proprietary systems.
In this position, the Asset Information Analyst will focus on creating new security masters while assisting the team on projects and inquiries. The Asset Information team has exposure to all the products so candidates will need to learn the mechanics of the instruments, how the data is stored throughout our internal systems and how end users are consuming the information. The position requires frequent interaction with teams throughout the organization including Legal, Compliance, Technology, Analytics, Risk, Account and Portfolio Management. A strong technical background is required along with a solid understanding of the financial markets.
- Create and maintain security master information
- Monitor daily quality assurance checks
- Reference data analysis and ad hoc projects
- Answer data related inquiries for various departments throughout the organization
- Submit system enhancements and work with technology teams to implement
- Bachelor’s degree - preferably in economics or finance
- MBA, CFA, or active status in either program is a plus
- Previous reference data experience and knowledge of the financial markets
- Consistently produce accurate, high quality results with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to meet tight deadlines while managing several projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency in MS Excel and SQL
About Ascent: The Ascent Services Group (ASG) is a nationally recognized technology staffing and consulting firm whose fundamental business is providing staffing services to Small, Medium, and Large Enterprise clients in our core market verticals: Financial Services, Healthcare, Technology and Life Sciences. As consultants for ASG, you will have access to many of the top clients within the industries we serve. Our goal is to deliver innovative talent through proven best practices and effective resource optimization. Become one of ASG’s candidates and experience the difference!