Business Analyst - Washington, DC - Req1624
Directs and organizes management studies which may include surveys and special projects, as necessary. Identifies and implements new organizational processes and procedures backed by advanced analytical work. Makes significant contributions to department goals and planning efforts.
- Leads coordination efforts and stakeholder interview activities to analyze business needs to determine functional and nonfunctional system requirements
* Determine and document user requirements in terms of networking, application and hardware to support application an application
* Perform program management support tasks, including status reporting and work plan maintenance
* Works with the team to manage agile and SDLC software delivery.
* Provides advanced analytical management assistance to improve overall efficiency.
* Utilizes strong knowledge of administrative principles and analytical processes to perform analytical work.
* Conducts research, to include surveys, studies, and special projects, on a variety of issues and projects.
* Provides and presents recommendations for new systems or organizational processes and procedures.
* Responsible for coordinating with users, other departments, or officials to gain up-to-date knowledge of system accuracy and efficiency.
* Reviews reports, forms, and relevant information to evaluate compliance and productivity.
* Analyzes information and assesses needs to solve problems and determine the best solution.
* Provides advanced knowledge of long-term planning and management action to support accomplishment of associated tasks.
* Utilizes in-depth knowledge and experience of system applications to perform sophisticated analysis and design.
* Responsible for program/program reporting and expediting reports and information from department input.
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent relevant experience
5-10 years of experience
PMI Professional in Business Analysis (PMI-PBA) or Advanced Certified Scrum Product Owner (A-CSPO) preferred
Other Job Specific Skills
- Strong understanding of system applications.
* Must demonstrate advanced interpersonal, teamwork and presentation skills.
* Excellent spreadsheet and report writing skills.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and remain calm under pressure.
* Proven ability of time management and good decision-making skills.
* Demonstrates complex problem-solving abilities.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
* Strong attention to detail and prioritizes deadlines.
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.