Business Analyst Summary:
Signature Consultants is looking for a Business Analyst to work on a contract position with one of our clients located in Hollywood, FL.
The listed duties are only illustrative and are not intended to describe every function that may be performed by this position. The omission of specific statements does not preclude management from assigning specific duties not listed, if such duties are a logical assignment to the position.
- Gathers business intelligence from business unit executives and designated department operations contacts to understand business needs, operational and program goals and detailed definition of complex business requirements in support of system design and development activities.
- Develops and/or review of documentation such as work flows, business policies, processes, procedures, use cases and definitions, lifecycles, exception handling processes, mockups, success criteria, related metric and other reporting definitions, etc. to understand the scope of work required.
- Develops the scope of work, definitions of project missions, goals, tasks, and resource requirements, potential risks/issues, communications, and external vendor relationships.
- Documents system specifications and notes any changes in procedures.
- Resolves or assists in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas; develops methods to monitor project or area progress.
- Acts as liaison between IT staff, management, and system end-users to determine requirements and obtain sign-off.
- Assumes responsibility for project tasks and ensures they are completed in a timely fashion.
- Builds business cases for internal improvement effort, and supports assignments that address areas for internal process improvement.
- Consults with the executive team and the IT department on the newest technology and its implications in the industry.
- Employs superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts; and creates lasting, productive partnerships with business units.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings and other activities and events as requested.
- Performs additional related duties, as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced knowledge of Business Process re-engineering principles and techniques.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office product suites, Visio, Project Professional, and SharePoint.
- Demonstrate effective use of modeling techniques, including business process flows, workflow, use cases, and user stories and policy exceptions handling.
- Demonstrate outstanding analytical, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills in data related projects.
- Demonstrate outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines, as well as multi-task and prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Demonstrate high level of motivation, initiative and responsibility.
- Demonstrate excellent time management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public and co-workers
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or a related field is required.
- A minimum of five (5) years of experience working as a Business Analyst or Project Manager in a mid-large corporate environment is required.
- Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP) certification is preferred.
- Possession of a valid Florida Driver's License is required.
- Demonstrate Excellent English written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to travel to all client locations and work a flexible work schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays.
About Signature Consultants, LLC
Headquartered in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Signature Consultants was established in 1997 with a singular focus: to provide clients and consultants with superior staffing solutions. For the ninth consecutive year, Signature was voted as one of the 'Best Staffing Firms to Work For' and is now the 14th largest IT staffing firm in the United States (source: Staffing Industry Analysts). With 28 locations throughout North America, Signature annually deploys thousands of consultants to support, run, and manage their clients' technology needs. Signature offers IT staffing, consulting, managed solutions, and direct placement services. For more information on the company, please visit www.sigconsult.com. Signature Consultants is the parent company to Hunter Hollis and Madison Gunn.