BCforward is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Business Analyst at East Hartford, CT
Title: Business Analyst
Duration: 6 months contract
Location: East Hartford, CT
- Over 5 year experience as a Business Analyst in Annuity and Life Insurance domain and having expertise in one of the products Universal Life, Variable Universal Life and Index Products
- Experience in Vantage/LifeComm
- Experience in writing BRD's, Macro and Other high level business requirement documents
- Experience Plans, designs and recommends business processes to improve and support business activities.
- Analyzes and documents client's business requirements and processes and communicates these requirements by constructing conceptual data and process models, including data dictionaries and volume estimates from organization.
- Creates test scenarios and develops test plans to be used in testing the business applications in order to verify that client requirements are incorporated into the system design. Assists in analyzing testing results throughout the project.
- Provides input into developing and modifying systems to meet client needs and develops business specifications to support these modifications.
- Assists in coordinating business analyst tasks on information technology projects and provide support to other team members
- Participates in technical reviews and inspections to verify 'intent of change' is carried out through the entire project.
- Identifying options for improving business systems, and assisting in bridging the needs of the business with technology.
- 3 Year + experience of Mainframe technology (DB2 and TSO) is added advantage
Skills and Experience
- Experience working with the technology industry
- Experience working with company products and operating systems
- Interpersonal skills to interact with customers and team members
- Organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong communication skills and flexible and determined to resolve problems for client
- Good creative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good leadership and negotiation skills to manage programs and develop new business
- Good interpersonal, leadership and presentation skills for interacting with and influencing team members, clients, thought leaders, and globally recognized subject matter experts
- Strategic management and planning skills
- Ability to work in project(s) up to large complexity and size, handle multiple tasks simultaneously and to switch between tasks quickly
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
BCforward began as an IT business solutions and staffing firm. Founded in 1998, BCforward has grown with our customers' needs into a full-service personnel solutions organization. Headquartered in Indianapolis, Indiana, BCforward also operates numerous delivery centers across North America and India. We are currently the largest consulting firm and largest MBE certified firm in Indiana. Our uninterrupted growth has allowed BCforward to deliver uniquely configured IT staffing and project solutions for over years of catering to our customers' specific needs. BCforward currently maintains a team of over 5000 global resources. With our additional brand, Stafforward, together we have the capabilities to deliver services for a variety of industries in both public and private sectors which allows us to address your most challenging needs.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 160424 when responding to this ad.