This company is a leading strategic provider of innovative investment and consulting solutions serving independent financial advisors. We provide investment, relationship and practice management solutions that advisors use in helping clients achieve wealth, independence and purpose.
The Business Analyst conducts customer, process, market and resource analysis to develop plans, requirements, use cases, user stories and solutions for internal and external customers. To achieve this goal, the Business Analyst will use traditional project management analytical frameworks like Six Sigma, PMP, agile and more combined with a deep understanding of the business in developing solutions.
Business Analysts participate in the full project lifecycle from conception through post-deployment. The Productivity Team Business Analyst will partner with the team's product owner to understand and document current business processes and then leverage this knowledge to build feature maps, use cases, and detailed user stories for new capabilities as prioritized by the product owner and organization. The role will be highly collaborative - working with both business and IT team members and leveraging their own analysis and expertise to help drive the most effective and well thought out solutions.
* Elicit business requirements using appropriate tools and techniques including but not limited to conducting user story development sessions, interviews, document analysis, surveys, site visits, use cases, scenarios, business process, task and workflow analysis
* Serve as business liaison between business areas, senior leadership and IT development and support teams
* Manage daily activities, working sessions, issue resolution, and communication across project and support teams to deliver projects and enhancements on time, on-budget, as requested by the customer
* Analyze and evaluate data gathered from multiple sources and distinguish user requests from underlying true needs
* Collaborate with business process owners to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve product, service and business processes
* Create As-Is and To-Be workflow charts and diagrams, process models and data models to help engage stakeholders and drive for results on requirements gathering and gap analysis
* Prioritize and translate high-level business requirements into detailed functional specifications
* Coordinate the development of all approved versions of business and functional specifications and review use cases and other documents with IT and the business to ensure all requirements are adequately reflected
* Model and manage requirements throughout the project life cycle authoring ongoing version and change control, tracking, traceability, etc.
* Contribute to Project Management deliverables and metric development under the direction of the Project Manager
* Assist in roll-out strategy as an active participant in user acceptance testing, user training and post production support needs
* Self-directed and results driven with demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize and execute on executive strategies
* Highly collaborative and adaptable - able to partner with many different roles, levels within the organization, and able to identify and resolve ambiguity when it appears
* Experience in working on complex, cross functional projects and the creating detailed requirement documents that account for these intricacies
* Bachelor's degree in Business and/or Information Systems or equivalent work experience
* Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse work group/team
* Proven success in the following job competencies:
o Strong knowledge of System Development Life Cycle
o Strong understanding of requirements analysis and process model tools
o Excellent documentation skills, including solid experience with Microsoft Project, Visio and Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint
o Solid experience with requirements tool(s)
* 5+ years working experience in business analysis and project management in a demanding environment
* Prior experience in financial services, particularly in investment management
* Knowledge of project management methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile with the ability to work with hybrid methodologies
* Experience with JIRA
* Experience consolidating research and data into coherent and persuasive presentation materials and to present findings and recommendations to senior management for review and approval
* Ability to use SQL Data Query Tools
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.