Uptown Charlotte, NC
Calculated Hire is seeking a Business Analyst join the Reporting and Analytics team at our Fortune 150 Utility Client in Uptown Charlotte. This position will be onboarded through our Junior consulting program. The Day to Day functions will be very technical relying heavily on SQL, Excel, and other reporting tools to conduct the market research and analytics necessary to fulfill your responsibilities. Your overall responsibility will be heavily focused on testing and improving a new SAP tool. We are looking for an analytical individual with a technical skillset to fulfill the day to day functions, but also a heads-up personality able to collaboratively work amongst different teams across the organization.
This individual will need to be able to pick things up quickly and be self-sufficient in many respects. In the early stages of this role, this individual may need to go above and beyond the call of duty to ensure they are learning the necessary technologies to fulfill their responsibilities in a timely manner. This individual needs to possess a strong understanding of SQL as there will be technical and functional aspects of this role, as the bulk of the work will be creating test scenarios. This individual will be required to conduct various forms of SQL and reporting analysis around marketing data to gather insights around the new SAP tool and how it can be improved.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Evaluating business processes, eliciting business requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Authoring Functional Designs for Analytics & Reporting, along with test scenarios and test cases
- Assume responsibility for project tasks and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts
- Assist with creating training documentation and job-aids
- Support ad-hoc SQL query requests from business and power users
- 4 years of experience as a business analyst in information technology systems
- 4 years of experience with data analytics or reporting solutions
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and with others
- Excellent planning, organizational, and time management skills
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Project Management or a related discipline
Highly Desired Qualifications:
- Strong SQL Knowledge
- Marketing or customer experience functions and processes
- Experience with SAP ISU
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.