The IT Business Analyst (BA) will be a self-starter that works with minimal supervision who supports business strategy and utilize strong facilitation skills to elicit requirements and business needs from cross-functional teams across all levels of the organization, including vendors. The IT Business Analyst will help define solution, scope and objectives and / or process improvements to meet business needs. They will optimize business functions, business and system process, understand impact of systems on business capability. Will also be responsible for ensuring the quality of IT solutions through testing activities (reusability, performance, automation, etc.) and understand defect tracking and remediation. They will also serve as a liaison between IT and business units to resolve technology issues, they will understand and support complex and cross-functional assignments using various methodologies.
The IT BA will also gain confidence of stakeholders at all levels of the organization in the problem solving and decision making analysis approach through effective leadership of these activities that result in appropriate solutions to underlying problems. This position could be training users and clearly communicated changes and impacts on processes and policies.
Essential Job Duties:
1. Requirements Management
* Conduct elicitation sessions using various methods.
* Analyze, specify and create user stories or other documentation that captures requirements for system and process changes.
* Verify requirements and gain business and technical approval during sprint demonstrations or other meetings.
* Facilitate workshops on process (business and system) improvement initiatives
* Evaluate and present recommendations for process improvements
2. Software testing (Creation, Execution and Tracking)
* Develop, execute and maintain test designs, including test cases and test scripts. Use automation and Behavior Driven Development (BDD) when appropriate.
* Conduct testing to ensure that functionality, usability, reliability and performance of solutions are consistent with requirements.
* Report and manage issues and defects and troubleshoot to determine root cause to ensure all issues are resolved
* Develop and / or execute test scenarios and validate against acceptance criteria to ensure high quality products are delivered
3. System Support and Analysis
* Provide release, implementation and production support to the organization
* Assist with user or system documentation of process and procedures
* Manage and coordinate resolution of system problems and provide support after system implementation
* Strong problem solving and ability to think on feet to restore services, address concerns
* Translate assignments received into the form of objectives to specific tasks, features, stories, ceremonies and overall work needed
* Work with vendors as needed to address issues or implement changes
* Knowledge of core system and processes across multiple business and system areas
4. Operational Process Improvement
* Understand and follow project delivery methodologies (Agile / SAFe).
* Participate in IT process improvements initiatives.
* Influence policy and procedures within an agile team or business analysis team and have appropriate transparency with leadership on process improvement initiatives (taking initiative to point out and correct issues where needed)
* Collaborate with business partners and IT teams to develop procedural material and training (user or technical documentation)
5. Other duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor's Degree with 1-3 years of relevant experience; OR Associate Degree or 2 years of continuing education or training with 4-6 years of relevant experience; OR a high school diploma or equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience.
2. Solid communication, organization and interpersonal skills
3. Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills and appropriate escalation skills
4. Willingness to be collaborative to achieve business objectives
5. Demonstration of strong team work skills
6. Self-Starter- quickly learn systems/processes and assigned work.
7. Flexible with change, pivot and redirect as needed to meet objectives
8. Business Process Knowledge / system knowledge
9. Requirements modeling
10. Test case development
11. Familiar with SQL and test automation
12. Experience with requirements gathering techniques
13. Ability to quickly gain familiarity with systems, processes and assigned work
14. Experience working with data integration or experience working with visual requirements including but not limited to: logical data and process models, workflow diagrams, context diagrams and / or user interface mock-ups
15. Professional demeanor with the ability to model dedication and support for DHP Goals
1. Bachelor's Degree in a related field
2. Experience serving in a business or functional role in the healthcare or healthcare insurance industry
3. Familiarity with business analysis activities, such as elicitation, requirement documentation and communication and resolution assessment and validation
4. Experience working with HIPAA transactions
5. Technical experience in relevant technologies: Oracle, Informatica, TIBCO, .NET, Sharepoint, QNXT, MetaVance, MS Office Suite, Version One.
6. Experience performing business analysis tasks for data integration efforts
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.