Business Analyst Description: Job Responsibilities
West Bend, WI
Contract through 2019- Likely extension and possible hire
Brooksource is searching for a Business Analyst to join our insurance client in West Bend in an effort to modernize their Claims Systems and Applications and integrate them with their new Duck Creek Platform. This team is responsible for system enhancements to their current custom Claims Management System as well as integrations with other parties (internal and external). This business analyst will work with the project team to capture and clarify requirements, assist with testing as needed, and manage and facilitate user acceptance testing with business users.
- Under minimal supervision, perform business analysis efforts including eliciting, analyzing, documenting and communicating the business needs based on input and direction from subject matter experts.
- Works with leadership to create buy-in on the deliverables and approach.
- Works collaboratively with project team to effectively support delivery of quality solutions.
- Plans and facilitates backlog grooming/refinement sessions.
- Interacts with architecture, security, infrastructure, developers and testing team members to provide requirements clarifications throughout project lifecycle.
- Work with testing team members to ensure requirements coverage within test cases and plan model office testing of impacted processes.
- Assists with testing as needed.
- Participates in the resolution of defects.
- Facilitates user acceptance testing and defect management process.
- Project coordination and management skills
- 4 - 7 years of relevant BA experience
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently and effectively with limited guidance
- Must also be able to work within a defined team structure that requires consistent communication
- Strong problem management, facilitation and organizational skills
- Experience in crafting and gathering measurable requirements
- Experience executing medium to large complex projects on BA activities
- Experience working with upper-level management
- Bachelor's degree
Eight Eleven Group provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, disability, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, amnesty or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.